Ilse Jurriën : June 11th 2006 - 12:08 CET
Sony 500mm f8 lens
Sony 500mm f8 lens : The Sony 500mm f/8 Reflex Super Telephoto lens is the world’s only super telephoto reflex lens with auto-focus capability. Its reflex design gives this amazing super telephoto lens a short barrel and compact, lightweight design, ideal for field work on wilderness and nature assignments, and its auto-focus capability makes it unique among reflex lenses of this class. Mounted on the Sony Alpha 100 DSLR camera, this lens provides a 750mm focal length (35mm equivalent), and takes advantage of Sony’s in-camera Super SteadyShot image stabilization system to reduce blur by compensating for shaky hands. The Sony 500mm f8 Reflex Super Telephoto lens can be pre-ordered on September 8th, 2006.|
Sony Alpha 100 dSLR - Anti Shake|
The Sony Alpha A100 camera is an instant classic: the top-quality 10 Megapixel DSLR system camera that builds on a two-decade legacy of Minolta photographic leadership, accepts 20 years of A-mount lenses sold worldwide, and introduces Sony imaging innovations like high-sensitivity shooting with Super SteadyShot in-camera image stabilization, Dynamic Range Optimizer to automatically increase detail in bright and dark picture areas, new Anti-Dust technology to keep the CCD imager clean for better pictures, and Eye-Start Auto focus system for faster camera response.
Sony 500mm Telephoto lens - Wildlife photography
Get ideal results for field work on wilderness and nature assignments with the Sony SAL-500F80 lens. To reduce blur, this lens takes advantage of Sony’s Super SteadyShot image stabilization system. Its reflective optical system provides super-long telephoto performance in a compact, lightweight design that’s easier to carry on field assignments.
Sony 500mm lens - Auto focus and Aberration
It’s the world’s only super telephoto reflex lens with auto-focus capability, making it ideal for wildlife assignments where events happen fast and you must react quickly to catch the shot. Reflective optics eliminates the chromatic aberrations that can affect image quality in refractive telephoto lenses, so images are extremely sharp and clear. For full creative control, a focus hold button located on the lens can lock auto-focusing. At fixed f/8 aperture, the exposure is controlled by varying the camera shutter speed and using a neutral-density snap-on filter.
Sony 500mm f8 telephoto lens specifications
• 500mm f/8 Reflex Super Telephoto Lens
• World's only reflex super telephoto with auto-focus
• Compact, lightweight design makes it easy to carry
• Ideal for on-location wilderness and wildlife shoots
• Sharp, clear images with no chromatic aberration
• Focus hold button for complete creative control
• Exposure control by shutter speed and snap-on ND filter
• Focal Length – 35mm Equivalent: 500 mm
• Focal Length – APS: 750 mm
• Angle of View – 35mm Equivalent: 5ﾟ
• Angle of View – APS: 3ﾟ 10'
• Min Focus Distance: 13 ft (4.0 m)
• Aperture – Maximum: f8
• Aperture – Minimum: f8
• Maximum Magnification: 0.13X
• Lens Construction: 7 elements in 5 groups
• Filter Diameter: Internal
• Dimensions: 3-5/8 x 4-3/4” (89 x 118 mm)
• Weight: 1 lb 7.4 oz (665 g)
• Supplied Accessories: Front and rear lens cap, SH0015 lens hood
About Sony Group
The Sony Group is primarily focused on the Electronics (such as AV/IT products & components), Game (such as PlayStation), Entertainment (such as motion pictures and music), and Financial Services (such as insurance and banking) sectors. Not only do we represent a wide range of businesses, but we remain globally unique. Our aim is to fully leverage this uniqueness in aggressively carrying out our convergence strategy so that we can continue to emotionally touch and excite our customers.