|HP Halo Collaboration Studio|
Nic Rossmüller : June 6th 2006 - 13:07 CET
HP Halo Collaboration Studio : The HP Halo Collaboration Studio is a real-time, collaboration environment in which users are able to conduct intercontinental, face-to-face meetings with colleagues that are so natural, meeting participants often forget they are not in the same room. Participants see each other in life-sized images projected on three studio-quality displays and can communicate with no perceived delay, regardless of how far apart the teams may be, whether they are in neighboring states or half way around the globe. This multipoint experience allows for interactivity between teams and enhances business productivity by fostering social connections that help drive quick and effective decision-making.|
HP Halo Studio - Connections|
The HP-created Halo Video Exchange Network (HVEN) provides a high-bandwidth, full-duplex, no-perceived- delay connection experience between HP Halo studios. The HVEN services enable remote diagnostics and calibration, ongoing service and repair, and a 24x7 concierge service, eliminating the need for enterprises to operate or otherwise service the HP Halo Studio. Halo is a turnkey HP managed service. Enhanced multipoint capabilities enable three or four-point connections between HP Halo studios around the globe. With HP Halo Collaboration Studio you can Connect up to four studios requires only a few clicks of the mouse and almost instantly brings a global team to the same table to work eye-to-eye in real-time to accelerate decision-making and project development.
HP Halo Collaboration Studio - Features
• An in-room phone bridge allows people who are not in one of the Halo locations to dial in via conference call to be an active participant in the discussions.
• Participants are able to easily share documents and data and play full motion video (w/o audio) directly from their notebook PCs with individuals in other rooms using a collaboration screen mounted above the displays.
• All HP Halo studios contain a high-magnification, high-zoom document camera that enables individuals to zoom in on objects on the table, revealing the finest of details, from colors to patterns. These images are also shared with other HP Halo studios via the collaboration screen.
HP Halo Collaboration Studio - Language services
• Through a relationship with Language Line Services of Monterey, CA, HP now provides HP Halo customers with an easy-to-use and confidential interpretation option from English into more than 150 languages, including sign language.
• Customers that have contracted with LLS have the option of immediately engaging a LLS interpreter via phone, or, with seven days notice, as a visible participant via a HP Halo Studio in New York, Chicago or Washington, D.C.
HP Halo Studio - Growth
• As of May 31st, fifty HP Halo studios are either currently deployed or in development around the world, up from 18 studios in December 2005. This represents 178 percent growth in the total number of HP Halo studios globally.
• The HP Halo customer base has increased by 167 percent and now includes such world-class companies such as AIG Financial Products Corp., AMD, BHP Billiton, General Electric Commercial Finance, Novartis and PepsiCo.
• HP Halo has expanded its presence worldwide. Halo has grown from five (US, UK, Spain, Singapore and Israel) countries in December 2005 to thirteen countries with Halo studios now installed or developing in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, France, Chile, Australia and Ireland.
• HP Halo now serves an even wider variety of industries including pharmaceuticals, financial services and manufacturing.
HP Collaboration Studio - Benefits
• Increased business effectiveness and faster decision making based on real-time access to up to four project teams around the globe.
• The ability to see and hear people’s physical and emotional reactions (when they express them) to conversation and information, thereby enhancing the social connection and collaboration capabilities of remote teams.
• Customer reassurance that the HP Halo Collaboration Studio will never become obsolete as all future upgrades and enhancements are available to them at no cost.
• Improved quality of life based on the reduced need to travel for team meetings.
• Reduction in travel time and expense.
HP Halo Collaboration Studio - Pricing
HP Halo rooms now start at $425K and additional pricing reductions occur as more studios are purchased. In the United States and most global business centers, the network and operations fee is $18,000 monthly per room. This fee varies in other countries depending on local telecommunications costs. HP, through its financing arm HP Financial Services, is also offering a 48-month financing payment plan for the HP Halo Collaboration Studios. In the U.S., customers would pay approximately $10,000.00 per month for a single Halo studio. By combining the Halo Studio and HVEN Services, HP makes the solution attractive to U.S. customers at a price of approximately $27,500.00 per month per room in a four-studio scenario. The plan includes the flexibility for customers to add on more studios and upgrade existing technology, as business needs change. Additional monthly payment plans are also available for 36 and 60-month terms.
HP Halo Collaboration Studio - Availability
HP Halo Collaboration Studios can be installed anywhere in the world to meet customers’ needs. The only limitation is the availability of adequate fiber optic circuits. HP Halo Collaboration Studios are currently operating or under development in numerous locations around the world including Australia, Chile, France, Germany, India, Israel, Japan, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, the U.S. and the UK.