Ilse Jurriën : June 6th 2006 - 10:09 CET
|Casio Exilim EX-Z850 review
Casio Exilim EX-Z850 review : With a high resolution of 8 Megapixels, a 3x optical zoom and a large format 2.5 inch LCD display, packaged in a solid aluminium housing, the Casio Exilim Z850 certainly is an interesting digital camera. With the introduction of their latest model, we once again see Casio clearly assert themselves at the front line of the digital camera market. With an increase in Megapixels, the Casio Exilim EX Z850 succeeds its predecessor, the Exilim Z750. This model was well received after its introduction, and has more than proven itself over the last year. However, all good things must come to an end, and it seems that time has come for the Z750; after all, a new star is born: the Casio Exilim EX Z850.|
Casio EX Z850 camera - Internal flash|
Notable new features on the Casio Exilim EX-Z850 include flash functions for a variety of settings and situations, including; Rapid Flash, which enables three flash photos in only one second to completely capture a given moment; Soft Flash, which prevents overexposure of subjects photographed up close; and High Power Flash, which ensures that subjects are properly illuminated even when photographed as far away as approximately 12.1 metres.
Casio Exilim Z850 - High quality images
The Casio Exilim EX-Z850 represents the latest technology and functions the Exilim digital camera line has to offer. Easy to use automatically or customizable to user specifications, this camera offers the stunningly high quality images and versatility that comes only from Casio.
Casio EX-Z850 - Features
- Highly Efficient, Advanced Performance
- 8.1 megapixel CCD and retracting 3x optical zoom lens enable high resolution photography
- Large 2.5-inch, super bright TFT LCD display with 1200cd/m2 brightness
- Includes optical viewfinder
- Super Life Battery allows up to approximately 440 still images per charge
- Exilim Engine features the Anti Shake DSP, which reduces blurring.
- Once powered on, the camera is ready to take pictures in approximately 1.0 second
- After the shutter is pressed, the image is recorded almost instantly
- With only an approximately 0.005 seconds 4 release time lag
- High-speed picture playback of approximately 0.1 seconds interval
- Subjects appear brightly on the display monitor even under low light conditions
- Manual aperture and shutter priority AE options
Casio Exilim EX Z850 digital camera review
Until recently, the Casio Exilim EX Z850 led the Exilim-series cameras. This position was taken over by the Casio Exilim EX Z1000 digital camera, with which Casio now lead the 10 Megapixel class. Those who are not lured in by the magical figure of ten, will be able to direct all their attention to the 8 Megapixel version; the Casio EX Z850 camera. We had the opportunity to test the Casio Z850 in practice. Our results can be read in the following Casio Exilim Z850 review.