|LG Philips LCD showcase large Panel at SID 2006|
Nic Rossmüller : June 6th 2006 - 11:02 CET
LG Philips LCD showcase large Panel at SID 2006 : LG.Philips LCD Co., Ltd., one of the world's leading innovators of thin-film transistor liquid crystal display technology, announced today that it will demonstrate its full line-up of TFT-LCDs for LCD HDTVs, desktop monitors, notebook PCs, mobile and other applications during SID 2006, to be held June 4-9 in San Francisco, California. At SID, LG.Philips LCD will exhibit its 100-inch LCD panel, which is approximately 1.5 times larger than the previously largest LCD panel, and is similar in size to the largest plasma display panel (PDP) currently available. LG.Philips LCD announced in March 2006 that it developed a 100-inch LCD panel, and this is the first time it will be exhibited.|
100 inch LCD TV - Features|
Developed at LG.Philips LCD's seventh-generation manufacturing facility in Paju, South Korea, the 100-inch panel is a wide screen (16:9) LCD TV panel which has a screen response speed below 5ms, 6.22 million-pixels, Full HD grade picture quality and the ability to reproduce 1.07 billion colors. The panel also boasts the latest technologies, such as a maximum contrast ratio of 3000:1, color gamut of 92 percent, and an omni-directional, 180-degree viewing angle based on Super IPS and super-large compensation film technologies.
Bock Kwon about LCD development
Bock Kwon, LG.Philips LCD's Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing & Sales Officer said, "In a short amount of time, there have been significant enhancements to LCDs, giving LCDs an edge over other display technologies, as evidenced by the introduction of the 100-inch panel -- the largest in the world. Our product demonstrations at SID 2006 will further support why LCD is clearly today's display technology of choice."
LG Philips LCD TV - HDTV
LG.Philips LCD will showcase its full line-up of Full HD LCD panels for LCD HDTVs, including its 55-, 47-, 42- and 37-inch wide displays. These displays all have Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080, a viewing angle of 178 degrees in all directions, a brightness of 600 cd/m2 and an impressive color gamut of 72 percent. The company will also show a variety of other large and wide LCD panels for HDTVs featuring technological enhancements such as motion blur reduction and copper bus implementation. LG.Philips LCD will demonstrate its "Combo LCD" notebook PC, featuring not only a 14.1-inch wide main display, but also a 4-inch sub-display on the outer shell of the notebook. The combo LCD allows a user to view various applications, such as calendars, e-mail, music lists and headline news, all without having to access the main display. In addition, the company will also show its 7-inch ultra mobile LCD for watching movies, listening to music, viewing pictures and more.
LG Philips LCD - new technologies at SID 2006
• 2.4-inch and 2.2-inch QVGA active matrix organic light emitting diode
• 14.1-inch flexible e-book display
• 20.1-inch non-laser LTPS AMOLED with ultra uniform technology
• the world's largest 42-inch 2D/3D switchable display
LG Philips LCD - Speakers Include
• Poster Session: Tuesday, June 6, 4:00 to 7:00 p.m., Esplanade Ballroom in the Moscone Center
• "a-Si TFT Integrated Gate Driver with AC-Driven Single Pull-Down Structure," Dr Yong Ho Jang
• "Novel Viewing Angle Controllable TFT-LCD," Hyung Seok Chang
• "New Pixel Structure with Kickback Voltage Free AM LCD," Cheolse Kim
• "New Design of Advanced H-IPS (AH-IPS) Panel for High Aperture Ratio," Doyoung Lee
• "New Light Collimation Film (LCF) for Direct Lit BLU System," Man Hoan Lee
• "The Development of a 2.6-in. VGA System-on-Panel," Jae-Sung Yu
• "Acceptable Motion-Blur Levels of an LCD-TV Based on Human Visuals" Kwang Hoon Shin
• “New Structure of IPS mode with In-Cell Retarder for TV Application, Kyeong-Jin Kim, Session 21, Wednesday, June 7, 10:40 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., room 132/133 in the Moscone Center
• "High-Performance EEFL Backlight Systems for Large-Sized LCD-TVs," Jae Bum Kim, Session 26, Wednesday, June 7, 10:40 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., room 130/131 in the Moscone Center
• "A 10.1-in. SVGA Ultra-Thin and Flexible Active-Matrix Electrophoretic Display," Seung-Han Paek, Session 62, Friday, June 9, 9:00 a.m. to 10:20 a.m., room 132/133 in the Moscone Center
About LG Philips LCD
LG.Philips LCD is a leading manufacturer and supplier of thin film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) panels. The Company manufactures TFT-LCD panels in a wide range of sizes and specifications for use in televisions, notebook computers, desktop monitors and applications. Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, LG.Philips LCD currently operates seven fabrication facilities in Korea and has approximately 21,000 employees in locations around the world.