Xerox multifunction system evaluated|
Unlike other document services vendors, Xerox has the entire multifunction system evaluated, rather than just a security kit or an individual security feature. "The competition says 'trust me,' but Xerox understands security conscious customers need proof when the protection of critical information is at stake," said Tim Williams, president, Xerox Office Group. "Certifying only a security kit or feature is like locking your front door but leaving your back door and windows wide open. That's why Xerox goes through the rigorous process of having the entire system evaluated."
US Department of Defense - Common Criteria Certification
All IT products procured by the US Department of Defense, and many agencies that support the US Federal Government, must carry Common Criteria Certification. This ensures that highly sensitive information is treated with the proper level of confidentiality and integrity and only authorized personnel have access to the information. Certification is also important for customers in a variety of industries, including the healthcare, legal and financial sectors, which are required to comply with strict security regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
Xerox WorkCentre printers & multifunction systems
The Xerox WorkCentre and WorkCentre Pro 232 / 238 / 245 / 255 / 265 / 275 copier-printers and advanced multifunction systems boast speeds from 32-75 pages per minute and scanning speeds up to 75 ppm. They are equipped with cutting-edge security measures that allow customers to restrict access, track usage and protect confidential information flowing through the devices and across the network. Xerox multifunction systems had more features certified than any other office product in the industry.
Xerox - NIAP certified components:
NIAP specifically certified the following components of the Xerox systems:
• Encryption with Secure Protocols - The multifunction systems encrypt data traveling on the network to and from the device, preventing unauthorized viewers from accessing print and scanned documents as they travel to file severs or other network repositories. The systems can be managed securely by encrypting the connection to the Web user interface or through device management through software that supports encryptions - such as Xerox Device Manager or Xerox CentreWare Web. This protects data and settings established by systems administrators.
• Authentication - By validating user names and passwords prior to use, Network Authentication restricts workers' access to scan, e-mail and fax features as needed. System Administrator Authentication requires administrators to log in to the device in order to make changes.
• Internal Audit Log - The multifunction systems can maintain audit logs of activity to help track the path of documents, an important feature when complying with federal regulations such as HIPAA.
• Firewall - A built-in firewall manages all communication access to authorized users.
• Image Overwrite Option - The Image Overwrite option electronically "shreds" data stored on the machine's hard disk during routine job processing. Electronic removal of data can be performed automatically after every job or when a person specifically requests it.
• Embedded Fax - Unprotected fax connections in multifunction devices can be a back door into the network. Xerox was the first manufacturer to offer a Common Criteria-certified product that assures complete separation of the fax telephone line and the network connection.
• Secure Print - This feature prevents unauthorized viewing of hardcopy documents by holding jobs in queue until a PIN is entered at the device.
Xerox digital multifunction systems - NIAP certification
NIAP has certified a total of 30 Xerox office digital color and black-and-white multifunction systems. Others are the Xerox WorkCentre Pro C2128, C2636 and C3545 advanced color multifunction systems; CopyCentre C2128, C2636 and C3545 digital color copiers; Xerox WorkCentre Pro 35, 45, 55, 65, 75 and 90 advanced multifunction systems; the WorkCentre M35, M45 and M55 copier-printers; and the CopyCentre C65, C75 and C90 high-speed digital office copiers.