|Nature photography seminar by Daniel Cox|
Ilse Jurriën : March 14th 2006 - 01:46 CET
Nature's best photography experience seminar : Blue Pixel today announced details of the Nature's Best Photography Experience, a seminar series solely created to broaden and improve the nature photography skills of attendees. The seminars will be led by Daniel J. Cox, a professional nature photographer whose credits include: award-winning images in Nature's Best Photography, cover stories in National Geographic and television appearances on Animal Planet. Beginning in March and visiting 16 cities across the country, Nature's Best Photography Experience is a full-day seminar designed to teach attendees how to work with the latest technology, capture better images and work more efficiently throughout the digital workflow process.|
Nature photographer Daniel J. Cox |
"I'm excited about working with attendees and sharing information that enhances their experience capturing and managing digital images," said seminar host Daniel J. Cox. "In addition to sharing valuable 'tips of the trade', the products provided to us by the sponsoring companies allow those who join me for the day to experience new and exciting ways of accomplishing a variety of photography tasks first-hand, including capturing images and managing digital content."
Nature's best photography experience - Co-Sponsors
In addition to Nature's Best Photography magazine, the premier nature photography publication, a variety of leading digital photography companies are co-sponsoring the Nature's Best Photography Experience, including Digital Railroad, iView Multimedia, Lexar, Lowepro, B&H Photo Video and OnOne Software. Each company has made its products and services available to Cox for incorporation into the day's program. Products from several companies will be awarded to attendees during each seminar.
Nature photography seminar - Techniques on digital photography equipment
"Seminar attendees will benefit from the perfect combination of an admired and well-respected instructor providing valuable information while demonstrating proven techniques on market-leading digital photography equipment," said Steve Freligh, Publisher of Nature's Best Photography magazine. "I'm excited about the content that will be shared and the knowledge gained by every attendee." The day-long sessions will consist of sharing tips and techniques regarding capturing and managing digital images, including a lengthy focus on improving digital workflow in the photography studio and out in the field. In addition, Daniel Cox will provide insight to color management and locally printing pictures.
Nature Photography 2006 schedule:
• March 26 : Washington, DC
• April 2 : Salt Lake City
• April 9 : Denver
• April 23 : Houston
• April 30 : Tampa
• May 7 : Atlanta
• May 21 : Chicago
• June 4 : San Francisco
• June 10 : Seattle
• June 11 : Portland
• September 10 : Baltimore
• September 16 : Los Angeles
• September 17 : San Diego
• October 29 : New York
• November 5 : Boston
• December 3 : Phoenix
About Daniel Cox
For more than 20 years, Daniel J. Cox has been pursuing his life long dream of photographing nature at its finest... and not so finest. "Driving rain, spitting snow and howling wind are all part of the environment I call home. For me, bad weather means great light, unusual clouds and dramatic settings." Internationally recognized, Cox has used his exceptional vision and passion for the natural world to bring it to life for his viewers. His dedication and love for photography has earned him high regard in his profession.
About Blue Pixel
Blue Pixel is the world's leading digital photography educators, photographers and consultants committed to teaching digital photography. Blue Pixel's mission is to teach digital photography from an unbiased, real world perspective by digital photographers;
• Nature's Best Photography magazine; a quarterly publication that showcases nature photo-graphy portfolios, photo competitions and other outdoor features related to photography;
• B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio; leading retailer of imaging products, serves professionals and consumers through a New York City retail store and through direct international delivery;
• Digital Railroad; an application services company that is dedicated to solving the critical technical problems facing the creators and buyers of digital imaging products;
• iView Multimedia; provides expert help in Digital Asset Management, which refers to the protocol for downloading, backing up, grouping, keywording, archiving, optimizing and exporting files;
• Lexar; a leading manufacturer and marketer of high-performance digital media and accessories;
• Lowepro; brand of quality protective cases for cameras, notebooks and personal electronics;
• OnOne Software; provides valuable solutions to both professionals and enthusiasts in the digital photography and graphic design industries.