|RawShooter essentials 2006 digital imaging software|
Ilse Jurriën : February 27th 2006 - 12:15 CET
RawShooter essentials 2006 digital imaging software : Digital imaging software manufacturer Pixmantec provides photographers at all levels of experience and expertise with the latest in RAW Workflow management technology with the introduction of RawShooter essentials 2006, RawShooter premium 2006 V1.02 and RawShooter Color Engine V1.1. The software offers many new features, upgrades and is compatible with the most popular digital SLR camera models on the market including newly introduced models such as the Nikon D200, Canon EOS 5D, 1Ds Mark II, and 1D Mark II N, Sony R1 and several other brands and models. RawShooter essentials 2006 continues to be offered as a forever Free download via Pixmantec’s Website.|
RawShooter essentials 2006|
Pixmantec has also released its latest update of the company’s best-selling RawShooter premium 2006 RAW software application. Designed as an upgrade path for RawShooter essentials 2006 users, RawShooter premium 2006 offers a “superset” of the features in the Free version and is available as a $99 download which breaks pricing tradition for full featured RAW converters. “Pixmantec’s goal is to provide the best and fastest RAW conversion software available on the market at pricepoints which allow photographers at all levels to experience and enjoy the benefits of shooting in Raw,” said Kenneth T. Laerke, CEO of Copenhagen-based Pixmantec. “By providing RawShooter essentials as a Free download, Pixmantec is providing a value add to consumers and pros that is unprecedented in the marketplace. Our reward has been literally hundreds of thousands of downloads of RawShooter essentials 2005 with similar growth in our $99 upgrade ‘premium’ suite,’” Mr. Laerke added.
Digital imaging software RawShooter essentials 2006
Pixmantec’s RawShooter essentials 2006 continues to be the ideal digital workflow tool for amateurs, students and enthusiasts who are just beginning to experience the benefits of shooting in the RAW format but don’t have an immediate need for the extended features and functions available in RawShooter premium 2006 upgrade path. RawShooter essentials 2006 continues to provide an easy solution for two of the most common problems faced by digital SLR users today, namely editing large numbers of images and converting these into the best quality output with a minimum of time and knowledge. The software suite offers a range of sophisticated slider-driven correction tools using proprietary (patent pending) technology for obtaining optimum results with minimal effort by the photographer. In addition to its basic corrections to white balance, exposure compensation and saturation, the software offers noise suppression, sharpening and new scene adaptive image correction technology. The software supports over 65 proprietary RAW camera formats including Adobe DNG for the each natively supported camera.
Pixmantec RawShooter premium 2006 RAW software
The ultimate purpose of Pixmantec’s RawShooter premium 2006 is to allow any photographer at any level of experience, to gain the most from their RAW workflow. This is achieved by reducing the need for several workflow products to a single, integrated software suite. Non-Destructive Image Versioning (NDIV) is an integral part of the RawShooter design philosophy. The new update of RawShooter premium 2006 incorporates all the features and functions that has made it one of the best-selling RAW conversion software products in the industry, along with new speed, quality, feature and resource optimizations.
RawShooter premium 2006 - Features
• RAW vs. RAW Comparison allows side-by-side comparisons of similar images taken seconds apart to quickly compare and determine the optimum image while safely discarding the others.
• Integrated Downloader quickly transfers RAW files from an external card reader or other source to a specific target directory on the computer for instant viewing and color correction
• Image Formatting Toolbox allows photographers to format their images such as correct skewed horizons with “Horizon Straighten”, rotate images as required and crop images.
• Personalized Appearances allows photographers to save a combination of corrections as a personalized appearance such as the ability to match the output of high saturation slide films.
• FastProof quickly (Approx. 1 sec per RAW file) allows the creation of low resolution proofs to send to clients for approval or to family members and friends, while FastProofHQ creates high resolution proof sized TIF and JPEG RAW conversions as fast as 1 every 2 seconds. This essentially eliminates the need to shoot RAW+JPEG which maximizes camera memory capacity.
• Curves / Levels adjustments of an image, allows users to save a custom curve for future use.
• Magnifier (Digital Loupe) enlarges small sections of an image to determine sharpness
• FastBrowse allows the software to act as a browser for large numbers of RAW thumbnails
• New “Re-size” functionality allows the creation of Print-Ready conversion files.
• RawShooter premium 2006 include: Interpolation, Noise Suppression software, Batch Renaming, Vibration and Color balance correction tools.
Pixmantec essentials 2006 - RawShooter Color Engine Plug-In
Beyond its compatibility with newer camera models introduced to the marketplace, RawShooter essentials 2006 is now compatible with Pixmantec’s RawShooter Color Engine Plug-In, which offers sophisticated color profiles for a variety of Canon and Nikon digital camera models. With this new update, the proprietary camera color mapping are now available for selected Konica-Minolta and Pentax RAW camera formats as well. Like many aspects of photography, “color” is very subjective and can be interpreted differently. Pixmantec’s RawShooter Color Engine (powered by technology and intellectual property licensed from Etcetera Consulting) provides a great alternative to the standard “internal” camera color profiles included within RawShooter for each supported camera. The plug-in software is easy to install, use and maintain, regardless of the photographer’s experience or skill level. The RawShooter Color Engine Plug-In is available as a software download at http://www.pixmantec.com for $59.00. Future Upgrade versions to Color Engine will be available for $29.95 for existing users. This first Upgrade is being made available for free, as a thanks to the early adopters of RawShooter Color Engine.
Pixmantec RawShooter software suite
These new additions build on existing features and functions that have made the RawShooter essentials 2006 software suite an incredible success. User feedback from the 2005 version was overwhelmingly positive and has allowed Pixmantec to take suggestions from existing users and incorporate some of these suggestions into its 2006 version.