HP Vivera pigment ink technology|
HP Vivera pigment ink technology, combined with the printer’s professional colors, enables accurate and consistent color reproduction. HP’s third-generation gray ink is more neutral than ever before, allowing for exceptionally smooth transitions and detail. Eight individual high-capacity ink cartridges enable high-volume printing with efficient printing speeds - producing 4 x 6- inch photos in as fast as 10 seconds and 13 x 19-inch photos as fast as 1.5 minutes - ideal for pro photographers and advanced amateurs. Furthermore, users can print exceptional photos on digital fine art media including canvas, photo rag, watercolor, stiff pre-matte and film up to 1.5-mm thick, as well as improved HP Advanced Photo Paper. The estimated US street price of the HP Photosmart Pro B9180 printer is $699. The printer will be available for purchase in May/June 2006 in North America.
HP Photosmart Pro B9180 printer - Features
• Eight-color HP Vivera pigment inks produce gallery-quality photos
• Excellent image quality, durability and performance on a broad array of media
• Exceptional durability - waterproof photos that resist fading for more than 200 years
• HP Photosmart plug-in for Adobe Photoshop, synchronizes Photoshop and printer driver
• Efficiently designed individual ink cartridges allow users to replace only the ink colors used
• Fast printing speeds - print 13 x 19-inch photos as fast as 1.5 minutes
• Fast printing speeds - print 4 x 6- inch photos as fast as 10 seconds
• Closed loop calibration system keeps photo color consistent, print after print
• Electrostatic drop weight detection system automatically compensates for a nozzle not working
• Drop weight detection system alerts you when the printhead needs cleaning
HP Pro B9180 printer - Specifications
• Photo Pigment 8-color IIT
• 4,800-optimized dpi
• 3.5 x 5" up to 13 x 19-inch prints
• Supports Adobe RGB and sRGB
• Dimensions (WxDxH) : 26.6" x 16.9" x 9.2"
• Weight: 37.7 Lbs.
• USB 2.0 and Ethernet to PC or Mac
• Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, XP Home, XP Professional
• XP64; Mac OS X v 10.2 and higher
HP Digital Fine Art Papers
HP also introduced a variety of new media, including: four digital fine art papers that are ideal for reproductions and photographs; HP Advanced Photo Paper that is thicker, dries instantly and exhibits excellent water-resistance; the world’s glossiest CD/DVD labels; and a self-adhesive photo paper that makes it easy for consumers to place photos in albums and creative projects.
HP is a technology solutions provider to consumers, businesses and institutions globally. The company’s offerings span IT infrastructure, global services, business computing, imaging & printing. For the four fiscal quarters ended Jan. 31, 2006, HP revenue totaled $87.9 billion.