Mark Peters : February 1st 2006 - 18:30 CET
Samsung SPH-V8200 8 Megapixel phone
Samsung SPH-V8200 8 Megapixel camera phone : Samsung Electronics has unveiled the SPH-V8200, an 8 Megapixel WCDMA camera phone. The company also introduced the Samsung SPH-B4100, a dual digital multimedia broadcasting phone. The two phones were unveiled on Thursday by Lee Ki-tae, president of Samsung's Telecommunications Network. The Samsung SPH-V8200 mobile phone features a TFT LCD that supports 16 million colors. It also has an auto focus function. Lee Ki-tae said the image quality of the phone's 8 Megapixel digital camera was as good as that of an expert-class digital camera. The mobile phone has also been packed with several advanced features. Samsung Electronics plans to market the phone in the Korean market later this month.|
Samsung V8200 and V770|
Samsung's 7 Megapixel camera phone, the SCH-V770, as well as its earlier 5 MP Samsung SCH-S250 are currently available in the Korean market. Lee Ki-tae also unveiled the Samsung SPH-B4100 mobile phone, which can feature both technologies of mobile broadcasting developed in Korea, satellite digital multimedia broadcasting (DMB) and terrestrial DMB. The mobile phone has a 2.2-inch monitor that can be swiveled for convenient viewing.
Samsung SPH-V8200 - CD-quality audio
DMB enables people on the go to receive video, CD-quality audio and data seamlessly through an in-car terminal or handheld gadgets like a cell phone. Korea started the satellite DMB service in July and will launch the terrestrial DMB next month. The SPH-B4100 will be available next month with the start of the terrestrial DMB service. In addition to these two phones, Lee also spoke of the development of multimedia phone that will have an internal storage memory of 10 GB capable of storing around 3,000 music files.
Samsung SPH-V8200 specifications
• CDMA2000 1x EV-DO.
• WAP browser.
• WIPI (Wireless Internet Platform for Interoperability).
• Support PictBridge function.
• Support TV-out function.
• VOD (Video On Demand) and MOD (Music On Demand).
• MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service).
• 240X320 pixels 16M colours TFT LCD display screen.
• 8M resolutions CCD digital camera with video recorder/playback.
• Flash light, auto focus, multi shot and digital zoom function.
• MP3 player.
• Dual stereo sound speakers.
• Internal antenna.
• Call vibration.
• Voice recording function.
• 128 bit MP3 polyphonic ring tone with tone composer.
• Text input predictive software.
• TransFlash card expansion slot.
• Infrared port and USB client.
• Downloadable pictures, animations and ring tones.
• Alarm clock, world clock, calendar, calculator, memo, dictionary.
• Email, file viewer (MS Office File/PDF/JPG/txt), Flash GUI, PC sync.
• Photo album, photo editor, screensaver, wallpaper and games.
About Samsung Electronics
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2004 parent company sales of US$55.2 billion and net income of US$10.3 billion. Employing approximately 113,600 people in over 90 offices in 48 countries, the company consists of five main business units: Digital Appliance Business, Digital Media Business, LCD Business, Semiconductor Business and Telecommunication Network Business. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones, and TFT-LCDs.