Samsung GX1S dSLR - 6 Megapixels|
For outstanding image quality, the Samsung 1S DSLR features high-precision, 16 segment multi-pattern metering to assure accurate light measurement in addition to center-weighted metering and spot metering for more advanced applications. To provide accurate focusing on a variety of subjects the Samsung 1S incorporates a 11-point AF sensor and a choice of AF single or AF-continuous for a wide variety of options. For further image control, users can chose from several White Balance settings and a variety of automatic shooting modes.
Samsung GX1S digital SLR - D-Xenon lenses
Developed specifically for use with the Samsung GX-1S is the Schneider D-Xenon 18mm-55mm lens. World renowned Schnieder optics have long been a defining feature of Samsung’s high-end digital still camera models, and the Samsung GX1S is no exception. The GX1S dSLR will be available as a body only, or bundled with the D-Xenon lens as a kit. For added convenience the Samsung GX 1S can be used with many Pentax DSLR lens and KAF2 and KAF mount lenses. Pricing and availability information will be provided at a later date.
Samsung GX1S D-SLR specification
- Model: GX1S
- Image sensor: 23.5mm x 15.7mm CCD
- Effective resolution: approx. 6.1 Megapixel
- Lens mount: PENTAX KAF bayonet mount
- View finder: Pentaprism, Natural-Bright-Matte Focusing Screen
- LCD display: TFT color LCD monitor, 2.5 inch (approximately 210,000 dots)
- Focusing: TTL phase-matching 5 points wide AF
- Shutter speed: 30 ~ 1/4,000 sec. with Bulb
- Metering: Metering : Multi, Center-weighted, Spot
- ISO: Auto, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Built-in flash
- White balance: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Flash, Manual
- Continuous shooting: 2.8 fps up to 8 frames (JPEG), 5 frames (RAW)
- Storage medium: SD Card (up to 1GB guaranteed)
- File format: JPEG en RAW
- Interface: USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed), video out
- Power source: 4xAA Lithium, Alkaline, Ni-MH, 2xCR-V3 (Lithium) batteries
- Dimensions: 125x92.5x67mm (excluding the projecting parts of the camera)
- Weight: 505g (body only, without batteries and card)
Samsung GX1S DSLR - JPEG and RAW
The Samsung GX1S camera includes a high-speed consecutive shooting mode of up to 2.8 frames per second up to eight frames in JPEG shooting and up to five frames per second when shooting in Raw Mode, allowing the user to capture a series of the subject's action or movement. Designed to enable easy viewing of images in all lighting conditions, the GX1S features a large, 2.5-inch LCD monitor and a bright, high-magnification pentaprism viewfinder offering a 95-percent field view and .95-times magnification.
Samsung GX1S dSLR camera - Dimensions and Weight
An ideal solution for picture-taking on-the-go, the Samsung GX-1S has a compact design measuring 4.9 x 3.6 x 2.6-inches and weighs 17.8-ounces. The user-friendly model takes full advantage of the large LCD monitor with a convenient and informative in-camera guidance system that provides a detailed explanation of shooting, flash modes and White Balance settings. The Samsung GX1S can be powered by four AA-size Lithium, Ni-MH or CR-V3 batteries.
Starting with the aircraft engine business in 1977, Samsung Techwin has conducted nationwide and industry-wide important business related to high-technology industries. Samsung Techwin transferred its industries (a domestically integrated business entity) in 1999 and currently concentrates on the high- technology industry, including semiconductor systems, opto-electronics, engine business, and special businesses related to national defense. In the digital optics business, Samsung Techwin created a foundation to grow as an internationally known company based on accumulated optics technology. In semiconductor systems, with remarkable achievements, such as development of the world fastest chip mounter and next generation lead frame, Samsung Techwin is recognized as a leading global semiconductor system company. In the new millennium, Samsung Techwin will continuously progress as a top-ranking, profitable, and high-tech company, focusing on engines, special businesses, digital optics, and semiconductor systems.