Pentax Fish-Eye ED [IF] lens |
The image circle of this new lens will match the image recording area (23.5mm x 15.7mm) of the *ist D series to ensure precise optical performance ideally suited to the camera's digital imaging characteristics. The smc Pentax DA Fish-Eye 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED [IF] lens design also features lightweight, compact dimensions compared with 35mm format, SLR interchangeable lenses with equivalent specifications. The new Pentax lens will ship in January 2006, anticipated price is $579.95 US.
Optical Performance & Macro photography
Employing ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass, this lens compensates for chromatic aberration throughout the image. And with new optical architecture and a ghost-free lens coating, ghosting and flare are suppressed to produce clear, high-quality images more of the time. The advanced internal focus system allows photographers to focus from as close as approximately one inch (2.5cm) with the power to fill the whole frame with surprisingly small subjects.
Pentax lens - Super Protective coating
A newly developed SP (Super Protective) coating made of a special fluoride compound has been applied to the front surface of the lens with a unique evaporation process. As a result, the lens offers excellent water and oil-repellant performance and makes for easier cleaning.
smc Pentax 10-17mm lens - Other Features
• Exclusive Pentax Quick-Shift Focus System
• Durable metallic lens mount.
• Exclusive lens cap constructed from high-quality aluminium.
Specification smc Pentax-DA Fish-Eye lens
• Lens mount: Pentax KAF mount
• Lens construction: 10 elements in 8 groups
• Angle of view: 180° - 100° (wiith *ist D series)
• Diaphragm control: Fully Automatic
• Number of aperture blades: 6
• Minimum aperture: F22-32
• Metering system: TTL open-aperture metering
• Minimum focusing distance: 0.14m (0.46 ft.)
• Filter size: Without Filter (not available to attach)
• Maximum magnification: 0.39X
• Dimensions: (diameter x length) 68mm x 71.5mm (2.7 inch x 2.8 inch)
• Weight: 320g (11.3 oz.)
About Pentax Imaging
Pentax Imaging Company is an innovative leader in the production of cameras, sport optics, lenses, mobility products, and internet cameras. For more than 80 years, Pentax technology has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of consumers and businesses. Pentax Imaging Company is a division of Pentax of America, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Pentax Corporation of Japan. Pentax is a trademark of Pentax Corporation.