|Geospatial Experts GPS photo link software|
Mark Peters : October 14th 2005 - 10:30 CET
Geospatial Experts GPS photo link software : Geospatial Experts today announced its first update to its GPS-Photo Link. Ver. 3.5 is available for free download to those who already own a license to GPS-Photo and is available for purchase ($229 for the Standard Edition, $299 for the Ricoh Edition) at the GeoSpatialExperts.com website. GPS-Photo Link software automatically maps photos and locates them on aerial and satellite images and street or topographic maps. It works with any GPS. Users can add their own background maps with GPS-Photo Link’s ArcView extension. The Ricoh Edition of the software works is integrated with the Ricoh Pro G3 digital camera that uses a compact flash GPS card or Bluetooth card to geolocate photos.|
Ricoh Caplio G3 Pro GPS Photo|
“Geospatial Experts is really excited about this new update sins fall 2004,” says Rick Bobbitt, President of GeoSpatial Experts. “This version makes GPS-Photo Link a better business tool and provides more to our customers. We are always working to make sure that GPS-Photo Link is the best photo-mapping software available, and this update keeps us on top.” GeoSpatial Experts’ current customer base is varied. GPS-Photo Link is used by National Parks personnel in the U.S.
Geospatial Experts GPS software photo link - Highlights
• Users will now be able to indicate the direction they were facing when they took the photo.
GPS-Photo Link will automatically include directional information from a GPS’s digital compass or the Ricoh camera’s memo fields.
• A wedge indicating the Ricoh camera’s field of view can be displayed as a shape file so users will know what is included in the picture when looking at the map.
• GPS-Photo Link now supports high resolution color photography from the USGS,
making your background maps more detailed and easier to read.
• USB capability allows the use of GPS receivers on PC’s without a serial port hook-up.
• There are also changes to the ArcView Ricoh plug-in included with GPS-Photo
Link. The new version will output Personal GeoDatabases along with shape files
• Waypoint comments entered in the GPS can now be used as the default file
names for photos making it easier to find specific photos.
• Audio captured with a photo will be available to play as you enter attribute data.
About GeoSpatial Experts
Denver-based GeoSpatial Experts is the developer of GPS-Photo Link, the premiere digital image mapping software. GPS-Photo Link saves you time and money by automatically linking your digital images to GPS data. Founded in 2001, GeoSpatial Experts is the leader in photo mapping software and now the leading reseller of the Ricoh Pro G3 Digital camera.