Ilse Jurriën : September 18th 2005 - 22:24 CET
Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-4 DG lens
Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-4 DG lens : Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new 28-105 f2.8-4 DG lens. This large aperture standard zoom lens provides superior performance both for Digital SLR Cameras and 35mm Film SLR Cameras. This standard zoom lens covers frequently used focal lengths from 28mm to 105mm and allows a large aperture of f2.8 at the 28mm focal length. It is very convenient for a wide range of applications including snap shots, indoor photography. The new multi layer lens coating and lens design reduce flare and ghost, which is a common problem with digital cameras, and also creates an optimum color balance throughout the entire zoom range.|
Sigma f2.8-4 - Aspherical lens |
The use of aspherical lens reduces various aberrations throughout the entire zoom range and improves optical performance. This lens has minimum focusing distance of 50cm (19.7 inches) throughout the entire zoom range and it has also maximum magnification of 1:5.5. Because the front of the lens does not rotate, circular polarizing filters and a petal-type hood can easily be used.
Sigma 28-105mm - Features
• New and most effective coating used for minimizing flare and ghost.
• This standard zoom lens covers focal lengths from 28mm to 105mm
• The zoom allows a large aperture of f2.8 at the 28mm focal length.
• The use of aspherical lens reduces various aberrations and improves optical performance.
Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-4 - Specification
• Focal Length : 28-105mm
• Minimum Aperture : F22
• Lens Construction : 12 Elements in 11 Groups
• Angle of View : 75.4 - 23.3 degrees
• Number of Diaphragm Blades : 8pcs
• Minimum Focusing Distance : 50cm (19.7”)
• Maximum Magnification : 1:5.5
• Filter Size : 72mm
• Lens Hood : Petal Hood
• Dimensions : Diameter 77mm (3”) x Length 81mm (3.1”)
• Weight : 405gr / 14.3oz
∑ SIGMA is the Greek letter equivalent to the English letter "S." In mathematics, it's a sign used to show the total sum. For photographers everywhere, Sigma is the total sum of the research, development, manufacturing and service of the world's leading line of lenses and cameras. Sigma ensures a high, consistent level of quality by processing our own high-performance Special Low Dispersion glass (SLD), metal and resins, surface treatments and other elements right here inside the factory itself. Sigma coordinates the development, production and sales of its technology worldwide through an impressive network of offices in Japan, the United States, Germany, France, United Kingdom, the Benelux countries, Hong Kong and Singapore.