Jasper Huitink : September 4th 2005 - 18:20 CET
|Kodak EasyShare One Wi-FI available in October
Kodak Wi-Fi introduction : Kodak Company announced today that its innovative EasyShare-One zoom digital camera would be available for purchase this October, coinciding with the beginning of the holiday shopping season. Since it was announced earlier this year, the Kodak EasyShare One model has won hundreds of accolades from industry organizations and consumer electronics writers for its groundbreaking design and functionality, making it one of the most talked about digital photography products in years. At launch, the Kodak One will be compatible with most in-home and public WiFi networks that support 802.11b technology, with the option to enable 64- and 128-bit WEP security.|
Kodak EasyShare-One - Sharing device|
“With its ability to send e-mail from the camera, to connect to the Kodak EasyShare Gallery at home and on-the-go from thousands of public hotspots worldwide, to store up to 1,500 favorite pictures, and to simplify viewing and operation via its unique touch screen and graphical menus, the EasyShare-One camera marks a new era in digital photography. As the ultimate picture sharing device, it delivers a new digital photography experience unmatched by any other camera.”
Wi-Fi EasyShare-One - Wireless connection
Kodak is working with the world's leading wireless companies to make sharing pictures across town, across the country, or across the globe as easy and convenient as possible. All EasyShare One camera purchasers receive a complementary, camera-specific trial service in conjunction with major hotspot providers. In addition to service from T-Mobile USA, with more than 6,000 T-Mobile HotSpots across the United States, Kodak-One camera owners will also be able to enjoy public connections in other key world markets. Kodak plans to announce further market-specific service providers, as well as retailers that will sell the EasyShare-One camera, in the coming weeks.
Kodak Wi-Fi - Global Praise
The Kodak-EasyShare camera continues to win global praise for its multi-faceted innovation. In addition to receiving extremely high praise from hundreds of journalists and analysts, it has also won some of the consumer electronics industry's top awards, including:
• "Next Big Thing 2005" from C|NET
• "Best of CES: Picture Perfect" from G4techTV
• "Editor's Choice" from American Photo
• "Innovative Digital Product" from the Digital Imaging Marketing Association
• "Best of CES - Show Star" from Stuff (U.K.)
Kodak EasyShare One - Features
Kodak designed the EasyShare-One model (US$599 MSRP, including the Kodak WI-FI Card) specifically for sharing, moving the camera experience from "point-and-shoot" to "point-and-share." It incorporates benefits that avid picture sharers could only dream of until now, including:
• E-mail and online picture sharing without a computer, using a , wireless connection to the Kodak Easyshare Gallery service. By connecting to the Gallery through a compatible home or public network, people can upload pictures and videos for sharing with friends around the world.
• On-the-spot sharing of up to 1,500 favorite pictures, synchronized with a person's PC-based picture collection, thanks to a, 3-inch, high resolution, rotating LCD touch screen that's protected when not in use, plus a generous 256 megabytes of internal memory. In addition, when connected wirelessly to the Kodak easyshare Gallery, EasyShare-One camera owners can also view thousands more of their pictures stored online, including albums shared by their friends.
• Significantly enhanced ease-of-use for picture sharing and taking, including the ability to create on-camera albums in which to store pictures, intuitive menu options with touch screen selection, automatic organization of pictures by date taken, and even richer, graphical scene modes to help get the best possible picture in a variety of outdoor and indoor environments. The dynamic user interface was developed in Macromedia Flash, a first for digital cameras.
• Wireless picture printing with Kodak perfect touch Technology when used with the new Easyshare-one snapshot printers (optional Kodak WI-FI card required for the printer).
• Pictures with professional-quality color and sharpness, with the use of a renowned Schneider-Kreuznach C-variogon 3X optical zoom lens (36 - 108 mm equivalent), a 4-megapixel sensor, and the exclusive Kodak Color Science image processing chip.
• Smooth, vibrant video taking and sharing, with its built-in high frame-rate motion and sound recording, plus the ability to share those videos via the Kodak easyshare Gallery.
• Premium customer service from Kodak, providing EasyShare One model owners with priority inquiry handling, assistance with the camera's wireless setup and operation, and other benefits made available to only these customers.