|Plustek OptiCard 820 photo scanner|
Mark Peters : August 26th 2005 - 18:07 CET
Plustek OptiCard 820 photo scanner : Plustek Inc a leading manufacturer of consumer, prosumer and professional scanners, today launched the Plustek OptiCard 820 micro photo and business card scanner, offering high-resolution scanning of four-inch by six-inch color photos and business cards - all in an ultra-compact package. Aside from scanning color photos, the Plustek OptiCard 820's 600-dpi resolution scanning is designed to help users digitally convert business cards into readable contact databases, all with two simple buttons - Scan (for photos and digital images) and BCR (for business card reader). Once scanned, powerful Cardiris 3.5 OCR software helps users organize their business cards with efficiency and accuracy.|
Plustek OptiCard 820 scanner|
The I.R.I.S. software is designed to recognize business cards from up to 50 different countries. Priced at $169, the OptiCard 820 will begin shipping in the U.S. in mid-August. OptiCard 820's other features include: auto orientation, database export, synchronization with a PDA, and much more. Users no longer need to worry about where to store or how to access stacks of photos and business cards.
Plustek Cardiris Software
I.R.I.S. Cardiris 3.5 is a "business card organizer," an unbeatable productivity tool for retrieving and organizing all your business cards. The latest 3.5 version now comes with more powerful features such as dragging and dropping from the card to desired fields, supporting multiple address databases/formats (HTML, Lotus Notes, Outlook 2003, Outlook, Outlook Express, Goldmine, Palm Desktop, ACT!, Text, XML, and vCard etc.) with export and synchronization, and auto orientation, de-skewing, cropping OCR after scan.
Plustek OptiCard 820 - Specification
• Image Sensor: Advanced Color CIS (Contact Image Sensor)
• Optical Resolution: 600-dpi
• Software interpolated Resolution: 1200-dpi
• Interface: USB 2.0
• Color Depth: 48-bit/pixel
• Weight: 194g/0.4 lb (scanner only)
• Max Scanning Area: 105mm x 148mm (4.1" x 5.8")
• Scan Speed (gray mode): 7 sec @ 300 dpi
• Scan Speed (color mode): 8 sec @ 300 dpi
• Dimensions (D x W x H): 174.5 x 60.5 x 38.5 mm/6.9" x 2.4" x 1.5"
• Cable Length: 150 cm
• Scan Mode: single pass
• Power Consumption: 2.5W (500mA x 5V)
• Paper Sensor: Photo interrupter (reflective type)
• Regulatory Certificates: CE, FCC-B, C-Tick, BSMI
• Compatibility: Microsoft Windows XP, Me, 98, 2000
• Software: I.R.I.S. Cardiris 3.5, NewSoft Presto! ImageFolio, NewSoft Presto! Mr. Photo
• Launch Date: August 2005
• Price (ESP): $169
A Leader in Scanner Technology - Plustek Inc is a leading manufacturer of sheetfed and multifunction scanners for the professional, home and mobile markets. In business since 1986, Plustek continues a tradition of innovative design, superior quality, and world-class support. Plustek, with headquarters in Taipei, Taiwan, sells scanners worldwide.