Dennis Hissink : August 4th 2005 - 07:00 CET
|Casio EXILIM EX-Z10
Casio EXILIM EX-Z10 introduction : Casio Europe announced the release of the latest additions to its EXILIM Zoom line up with the Casio EXILIM EX-Z10 digital camera. Designed to be user-friendly, fun, and convenient, as well as featuring Casio's renowned EXILIM Engine with Anti Shake DSP, the Casio EX-Z10 is intended to introduce the ease and enjoyment of high quality digital photography and world-class performance to anyone, anywhere. The EXILIM digital camera series represents the culmination of Casio's core technologies, combining cutting-edge miniaturization and digital expertise with state-of-the-art photographic capability. The new Casio EXILIM EX-Z10 features Casio's image processing module EXILIM Engine.|
Casio EX-Z10 - Anti Share DSP|
The Casio EXILIM EX-Z10 features the Anti Shake DSP, which reduces blurring caused by shaking hands or moving subjects, while the Auto Macro and Quick Shutter functions ensure that photos are properly focused. High Sensitivity Mode produces clear shots with a bright background without the flash, even when lighting is dim. The EX-Z10 features 5.0 Megapixels with practical 28 scene BEST SHOT. For enhanced user-friendliness, the mode dial and easy mode menu use simple icon images that make picture taking a snap for beginner digital camera users.
EXILIM EX-Z10 - Quick responsiveness
The EXILIM's emblematic quick start-up is further made convenient with easily accessible DIRECT ON buttons that enable fast start-up for quick shots and photo viewing. The Casio EX-Z10 runs on AA batteries and has an AV out port allowing quick and convenient image viewing on televisions. The camera has a 2.0-inch TFT color LCD display as well as a standard optical viewfinder, a 3x optical zoom, and VGA (640x480 pixels) size video recording capabilities. Of course, EXILIM standard features, such as short release time lag, allow pictures to be taken almost instantaneously, so you never miss the important moments. For those who want to enjoy more ambitious photography, the new Casio EXILIM EX-Z10 supports manual settings such as adjustable shutter speed and aperture for creative photo experiments, satisfying the needs of aspiring minds.
Casio EXILIM EX-Z10 - High performance and capabilities
- The Z10 has a 5.0 Megapixel CCD and a slim 3x optical zoom
- High quality images, high speed, and long lasting battery
- Miniaturized package with EXILIM Engine image processing module
- The latest version of the EXILIM Engine features the Anti Shake DSP
- Large 2.0-inch digital interface TFT LCD display
- The Z10 can take 270 shots on one battery charge at CIPA standards
- Stylish, compact and high grade body fits hands nicely
- The zoom lever and shutter are combined into one.
Casio EX-Z10 camera - Easy to operate and Fast action
The Casio EXILIM EX-Z10 has mode dial facilitates easy switching between still shot mode, playback mode, etc. For first-time users who find it difficult to navigate complicated settings, easy mode displays selected menu items such as image size and flash on/off in a large, easy to understand format. The Casio EX-Z10 digital camera is powered by AA alkaline, nickel-cadmium, or lithium batteries available at most stores. Once powered on, the camera is ready to take pictures in approximately 1.5 seconds. After the shutter is snapped, picture is taken almost instantaneously with an approximately 0.007 seconds release time lag. High-speed picture playback of approximately 0.1 seconds interval and a continuous shutter function enables photos to be taken in approximately 0.9 seconds intervals, limited to available space on memory card. The "DIRECT ON" button function allows quick startup in both shooting and playback modes.
EX-Z10 - Convenient and Multivariate Functions
- Simple selection from 28 different BEST SHOT scenes
- Manual setting aperture, shutter speed, exposure, etc. for custom shots
- "Quick Shutter" function reduces mistakes
- "Auto Macro" mode allows for automatic switching between macro and auto focus
- "Icon Help" function provides pop-up icon guidance
- "Flash Assist" mode compensates for poorly illuminated areas of the shot.
Casio EXZ10 - VGA movie
The new Casio EXILIM EX-Z10 records movies in VGA (640x480 pixels) size with 30 frames per second (Motion JPEG). Using the "MOTION PRINT" function, movies can be converted into a series of nine or just one snapshot for printing. Movies can be zoomed in during replay and the "Movie Editing" operation offers three ways (beginning, middle, end) to cut unwanted scenes from a movie.
Casio EXILIM EX-Z10 features
- A/V interface allows camera to be directly connected to other devices
- Includes "Photo Loader" software for easy transfer of pictures to a PC
- Menu language: Chinese (simplified and traditional), English, French
- Menu language: German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Compatible with PictBridge and USB Direct Print
- Compatible with ExifPrint (Exif 2.2) as well as PRINT Image Matching.