Dennis Hissink : July 20th 2005 - 08:15 CET
Kingston DataTraveler II plus introduction
Kingston DataTraveler II plus introduction : Kingston Technology, the independent world leader in memory products, announced the Kingston DataTraveler II Plus product, making it the most convenient, customizable multi-function USB Flash drive on the market. Kingston Technology is first to offer Migo software on the DataTraveler II Plus family of USB Flash drives. “Kingston Technology teamed up with PowerHouse to make DataTraveler II Plus - Migo Edition the easiest and safest way to take your desktop with you everywhere you go, on a device small enough to fit on a keychain,” said Jim Selby, Product Marketing Manager EMEA, Kingston Technology.|
DataTraveler II plus - Migo software|
“The DataTraveler II Plus - Migo Edition gives you the freedom and security to work just about anywhere and when you return to your PC, it automatically synchronizes your work, keeps versions current and leaves no trace of your personal data behind,” continued Selby. With the Migo software on board, DataTraveler II Plus is the solution for seamlessly turning any Windows-based PC into a personalised workspace, complete with all or part of the following: Microsoft Outlook email contents, Microsoft Internet Explorer settings, favourites, cookies and history; plus one’s files, folders, applications, icons and more.
Kingston Technology - Data Traveler II Plus USB flash drive
"We are very excited about the opportunity to work with Kingston Technology and have the Migo Software on board the Kingston Technology Data Traveler II Plus USB flash drive. This is a powerful combination, offering the speed, security, and reliability Kingston Technology is known for and the unique power of Migo to mobilise the personal computing environment,” said Jay Elliot, CEO, PowerHouse Technologies Group.
DataTraveler II Plus Migo edition
Using DataTraveler II Plus - Migo Edition, users can maintain multiple computer profiles on a single device – managing home, work, school, laptop, clients, and projects – with the option to password-protect everything with Kingston Technology’s included SecureTraveler privacy feature. The on-board Migo Meter keeps track of available space for storing files and settings. The DataTraveler II Plus - Migo Edition is a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Flash drive designed for both advanced consumers and small to midsize business professionals. Power-users who demand greater capacity plus speed will find DataTraveler II Plus Migo Edition the fastest in its class with data transfer rates of up to 19 MB/sec. read; 13 MB/sec. write.
Kingston DataTraveler II Plus specifications
- Capacities: 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB
- Dimensions: 2.67" x 0.829" x 0.355" (67.7mm x 20.8mm x 9.0mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32º F to 140º F (0º C to 60º C)
- Storage Temperature: -4º F to 185º F (-20º C to 85º C)
- Fast: data transfer rates of up to 19 MB/sec. read and up to 13 MB/sec write
- Personalized: preloaded with Migo software for Windows-based systems
- Safeguarded: includes SecureTraveler security software Windows-based systems
- Flexible: Migo Operating
- Language: Spanish, Simplified Chinese, French, Italian, German
- Convenient: pocket-sized for easy transportability
- Easy: plug and play into any USB port
- Guaranteed: five year warranty
- Customizable: co-logo program available
- Data Retention: up to 10 years.