Alternatively, create your own 3D character to greet you when you switch on? and even customise its looks and features! When the camera is switched on, the sophisticated function light illuminates with no les than seven colours, letting everyone know that the U-CA3 is ready for action! The U-CA 3 also uses the latest Memory Stick Duo. Smaller and lighter than the original Memory Stick, the Duo can be used with a special adaptor with most Memory Stick devices. |
Offering a high 3.2 mega pixel resolution to give crystal clear images, the U-CA 3 also provides up to a 9x zoom with its 3 x optical zoom and 3 x digital zoom. This is equivalent to 38mm - 114mm in 35mm format and means close-up, razor sharp pictures are achievable every time you press the shutter.
The colour TFT LCD screen and real image optical viewfinder help you to line up your subject for a shot. As with any digital cameras, you can delete unwanted images and re-shoot new ones in an instant! Depending on your creative mood, you can choose from a number of picture effects including normal, black and white, sunset and sepia.
The U-CA3 has a number of different modes, which can be used when taking still images - Auto, Night Scene, and Self-timer. There is even a Myset mode for saving your favourite settings.
You can increase sharpness, enhance colours and manually change the white balance on your images, as required. In addition, the U-CA 3 makes it easy to take better night or indoor shots using the special slow shutter speed function.
The U-CA 3 can also capture memories in motion, as it uses amazing new MPEG 4 technology. MPEG 4 is a very efficient method of compression, dramatically increasing the amount of movie that can be stored on a memory card, at a rate of up to 24 frames per second. On the UCA-3 the length of your video clip is only restricted by the amount of memory available.
The U-CA 3 uses PICT Bridge, a feature which allows you to link your cameras directly to a printer, via a USB cable, without the need to use a computer.
In short the U-CA3 includes:
- Stylish, small, silver design
- 3.2 Megapixels resolution
- 3 x optical zoom
- MPEG-4 Video format
- Memory Stick Duo
- Personalised welcome screen function
- Multi-coloured function light
- Unique colour adjustment support
- Voice memo & voice recording
- Five Flash modes (Auto, Red-eye reduction, Slow sync, Fill-in Flash, Flash off)
- Colour, white balance and sharpness options to customise your photographs
- Graphic User Interface to navigate the menu system as easily as possible
- One-touch playback
- LCD brightness auto adjustment functions
- Slow shutter speed function
- Optional Date and Time imprinting
- Recording still images, Movie Clips as MOV (MPEG 4) and voice as WAV files
- Image play-back via TV (PAL / NTSC)
- PictBridge, direct camera to printer, printing system.
The new U-CA3 from Samsung Cameras is priced from under £280 and comes with case, PC/Mac compatible software and a 32MB card. It will be available from all good camera retailers from the end of September.