|DxO Optics Pro v3.0 software now available|
Ilse Jurriën : June 25th 2005 - 21:07 CET
DxO Optics Pro v3.0 software now available : DxO Labs announced today that DxO Optics Pro v3.0 Digital SLR and lens automatic image quality enhancement software is available on the company’s e-store and via selected resellers. DxO Optics Pro v3.0 incorporates revolutionary optics, noise and exposure corrections in an all-new, easy-to-use, feature-rich application for both Mac and PC users. DxO Optics v3.0 now also includes support for two additional Nikon digital SLR camera bodies. DxO Optics Pro v3.0 provides support for the Nikon D70s and the same range of lenses as currently supported for the Nikon D70. DxO also supports the Nikon D2X and an initial selection of compatible lenses with more to come over the coming weeks and months.|
DxO Optics Pro v3.0 - Beta-testing|
DxO Optics Pro v3.0 was subjected to rigorous, in-the-field testing by tens of thousands of professional and advanced amateur photographers during worldwide public beta testing. "The photography community got incredibly involved in the beta test. Their feedback was invaluable and we would like to publicly thank all of them," explained Luc Marin, Vice President of the Photography Business unit at DxO Labs. "Several thousand photographers also answered a follow-up questionnaire and confirmed, once again, the value that DxO Optics Pro delivers."
DxO Optics - About the questionnaire
When asked if they felt that their camera and lenses were significantly enhanced by DxO Optics Pro v3.0, 85.9% of the participants responded affirmatively. Nearly as many participating photographers (82.4%) answered that DxO Optics Pro v3.0 was easy to use and significantly enhanced image quality. More than 2/3 of the photographers affirmed that they would be more likely to buy a camera or lens knowing that it is supported by DxO Optics Pro v3.0. The questionnaire also inquired about the photographer’s equipment usage, level of photographic interest and experience (professional, advanced amateur), experience with the beta product etc.
DxO Optics Pro v3.0 - A milestone in Digital SLR and lens image enhancement
At the core of DxO Optics Pro v3.0 is the award-winning DxO Optics Engine which, together with the associated DxO Lens modules, automatically removes lens distortion, vignetting, lens softness and lateral chromatic aberration. The DxO Raw Engine in DxO Optics Pro v3.0 has also been completely redesigned to offer photographers full control of the RAW conversion process.
DxO Optics Pro v3.0 - Several new DxO technologies
• DxO Noise Engine is based on a set of unique algorithms developed by DxO Labs and on precise camera sensor modelization. The all-new DxO Noise Engine automatically achieves a reduction of up to two f-stops in image noise while preserving maximum detail.
• DxO Lighting Engine is a brand new DxO technology included in DxO Optics Pro v3.0. A unique local exposure and dynamic range optimizer, DxO Lighting Engine brings out the shadow detail of digital image files while preserving highlights, textures, colors and a natural look.
• Additionally, DxO Optics Pro v3.0 offers a choice of three operating modes to meet every demanding photographer’s needs. All modes are fully batch-oriented for the greatest productivity. Users can switch between modes at any time.
Pricing and availability
DxO Optics Pro v3.0 is offered in two versions with the same functionality but different levels of camera support:
• DxO Optics Pro v3.0 (US$159 / ?124,90 plus sales tax) for prosumer and expert amateur SLRs.
• DxO Optics Pro v3.0 Elite (US$ 249 / ?189,90 plus sales tax) for all supported cameras, incl. professional Digital SLRs.
DxO Optics Pro v3.0 is available in six languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish, for both Macintosh and Windows. All purchasers of DxO Optics Pro 2.2 on or after April 20th, 2005 are eligible for a free upgrade to DxO Optics Pro v3.0. For all other users, upgrade to DxO Optics Pro v3.0 is offered at US$ 49/ ?39 (plus sales tax).
About DxO Labs and its DxO technology
DxO Labs is a software company developing image generation and enhancement technologies. We provide reliable off-the-shelf solutions for serious amateurs and professional photographers, photography journalists and experts as well as companies in the imaging business such as digital camera or cameraphone vendors, mobile operators, and printing or photofinishing professionals. The company's patented DxO technologies, the DxO Technology Foundations, are the result of state-of-the-art academic mathematical research. The DxO Technology Foundations comprise a set of software components to generate images or correct major imaging defects, such as color, contrast, blur, various optics faults, JPEG artifacts, etc.