|SanDisk Sansa e100 series MP3 player|
Mark Peters : May 17th 2005 - 14:00 CET
SanDisk Sansa e100 series MP3 player : SanDisk Corp. today announced the availability of its new SanDisk Sansa e100 series of small, portable digital music players at select national retailers. The new line of MP3 players use embedded flash memory to store many hours of digital music and includes an SD card slot for additional storage capacity. The Sansa e100 line features SRS WOW technology, an audio enhancement solution for rich, immersive sound quality, and includes software for music management and content downloads, digital radio and audiobook services for wide range of listening options. The new players are designed to work with a wide range of music formats such as MP3 and Windows Media Audio (WMA) in (un)protected files.|
SanDisk partners software companies |
"In addition to providing high-quality sound, expandable storage capacity and a refreshing design, we want our listeners to have access to a broad range of listening content," said Eric Bone, director of retail product marketing at SanDisk. "To do this, we have partnered with several software companies that provide a broad range of music content, commercial-free radio streams and access to 'spoken word' content like books or magazines."
SanDisk Sansa e100 - SRS WOW
SRS WOW is a 3D audio enhancement technology that improves the quality of any audio file played on the players in the Sansa e100 line. Specially designed for portable audio devices, WOW improves the delivery of 3D stereo audio separation and the creation of deep, powerful bass for music played over the Sansa's high-quality, in-ear headphones.
SanDisk Sansa e100 - Software of the following partners
• Rhapsody : offers a simple way to enjoy digital music online with unlimited access to a vast library of more than 850,000 full-length songs and 65,000 albums. Rhapsody subscribers have the ability to easily purchase their favorite tunes for 79 cents per song, create their own commercial-free Internet radio stations, enjoy professionally programmed genre-specific stations, browse extensive music information and review editorial recommendations.
• AudioFeast : is the easiest way to keep your SanDisk Sansa player filled with today's best music, news, sports, and entertainment programs. The commercial-free digital radio service offers a blend of over 400 programs that is sure to quench anyone's audio appetite with over 100 channels dedicated to music alone. SanDisk Sansa customers get to try it for 60 days free of charge and then pay as low as $3.99 a month thereafter.
• Audible : for digital audiobooks, radio programs, audio magazines and newspapers that can be easily downloaded. The service features more than 18,000 audio titles to choose from and is ideal for those times when listening to publications is more convenient than reading them.
SanDisk Sansa e100 - Memory
Initially available in 512-megabyte (MB) and 1-gigabyte (GB)(1) capacities, the SanDisk Sansa players can store hundreds of songs and play up to 17 continuous hours on a single AAA battery. The new players feature an SD card slot to conveniently add more storage capacity, which can be significant since SanDisk and other companies have recently announced SD cards up to 2GB in capacity. The SanDisk Sansa music players include improved stereo headphones, carrying case with armband, USB 2.0 cable, AAA Battery and Install CD with value-added software. For added flexibility, they can be used as a USB storage device. Furthermore, the new industrial design was created with future accessory options in mind.
SanDisk Sansa e100 - Features
• SD card slot for additional storage and convenient music transfer
• Hi-Speed USB 2.0 for fast music transfer speeds
• Support for MP3, WMA (both secure and unsecure) and Audible audio files
• Up to 17 hours of continuous playback on a single AAA battery
• Digital FM radio with 20-presets
• Multi-line backlit LCD that displays album, artist and song title information.
SanDisk Sansa e100 - Pricing & Availability
The SanDisk e100 series is currently shipping with suggested retail prices of $139 and $189 for the 512MB and 1GB models respectively. They will be sold at many of the more than 100,000 stores worldwide where SanDisk sells its products.
• Sansa e130 - 8 hours MP3 - 120 songs
• Sansa e130 - 16 hours WMA - 240 songs
• Sansa e140 - 16 hours MP3 - 240 songs
• Sansa e130 - 32 hours WMA - 480 songs