Dennis Hissink : December 28th 2004 - 09:00 CET
New English version of ArkiPix inversion 2.1
ArkiPix I/S is now offering an English version of their image archive management software ArkiPix inversion 2.1. With this new and highly improved ArkiPix 2.1 for PC, photographers, companies and digital photography enthusiasts will find a wide range of functions for archiving, importing and searching for photos. ArkiPix 2.1 turns the job of archiving into a positive experience with fast results. New users become familiar with the program quickly because in daily use requires only a few clicks of the mouse. The many essential and unique features of ArkiPix make it a strong competitor for established and more costly image archiving programs. ArkiPix will archive your images directly from your hard drive and CD/DVD's.|
You will not have to reorganize your images collection. When archiving your images ArkiPix collects the EXIF and IPTC information from your images. All original information from your digital camera remains in the archive images. The information is storedin a JPEG image file made from each of your original images and used for searching and preview.|
ArkiPix is very fast, stable and capable of handling large numbers of images. Search time in e.g.50.549 images in 213 folders (1,6 GB) on a 2,8ghz PC is normally 1-5 seconds!
The new ArkiPix 2.0 includes a powerful new Toolbox and it's very easy to customize ArkiPix to fit your specific needs.
With the new Toolbox you can configure ArkiPix to be a program used for archiving, showing and searching for images; plus with a few clicks, you are able turn ArkiPix into an advanced workmate with a lot of useful features like:
* Advanced import from card readers/hard disks with renaming on the fly IPTC edit + batch search and replace in original image files.
* Include copyright in EXIF automatically.
* Converts FOTOSTATION offline images.
* Use of two monitors for better workspace.
* Set compression, color space and interpolations methods for image archive files.
* Make your own dictionary.
* Customize Contact sheet.
* Back up warning.
* CDArkiPix - makes searchable Auto run CDs with your selection of watermarked archive images - a good idea to your customers.
* Converts Canon RAW/CRW files to archive images.
* New function for automatic webgallery and download webpages.
* New double-click function for fast thumbs preview.
Image editing with many advanced functions like:
* Hue/saturation/luminosity overall.
* Hue in each RBG color.
* Levels corrections.
* Gamma correction.
* Crop tools.
* Red eye remover.
and a lot of filter effects...
ArkiPix 2.1 requires Windows 98, 2000 or XP. A test version can be downloaded an
d tested with up to 1000 images or 14 days of function and purchased from the www.ArkiPix.com website.
The price for all this is ? 130 or $ 140.
ArkiPix is based on an idea by commercial photographer Bent Sørensen (www.medvind.dk) as the result of his need for image archiving when he converted his business to digital in 1999. The development of ArkiPix is based on 25 years of experience with over 500.000 images on file.
Approx. 50.000 of these images have been used daily in ArkiPix during the last 18 months. Peter Sørensen who also programmed the first DOS based image archive for Bent in 1986 does the programming.