This dramatically broadens tonal capability, and guarantees exceptional rendition from bright highlights to deep shadows. It delivers greater sensitivity, improved signal-to-noise ratio and consistently natural color reproduction.|
The FinePixS3 Pro's new state-of-art image processor is also one of the keys to enhanced image quality and exceptional speed. The FinePix S3 Pro is the optimum digital for studio and wedding photographers, or for anyone who wants the highest possible resolution from their digital SLR. The FinePixS3 Pro sets a new standard, raising the bar on image quality.
A selection of entirely new features widens the possibilities for expressive photography. A unique "Film Simulation Mode" allows selection from two modes: Film Simulation F1 mode, specially optimized for studio portrait photography, yields smooth tonality and natural looking skin tones, while Film Simulation F2 mode, ideal for nature photography, simulates highly saturated color (especially in blue and green) and high contrast. A Dynamic Range Customizing function allows you to select optimum dynamic range from four settings. The camera is designed around the long-established Nikon F-mount, and will have two shutter release buttons to ensure comfortable shooting in both landscape and portrait orientations. Power is provided by four AA size Ni-MH batteries, a further improvementon the S2 Pro.
The FinePix S3 Pro's Intelligent Flash with D-TTL full-aperture exposure metering willenable photographers to achieve outstanding results with compatible Nikon DX type Speed lights. Appearing for the first time in a Fujifilm digital camera, this allows a new level of creative lighting options for FinePix S3 Pro users. What's more, the synchro terminal allows strobes or other external flash systems to be connected for ultimate studio flexibility. The camera will accept both xD-Picture Card and Microdrive media for more flexible storage. It incorporates a newly developed, bright 2-inch, 235000-pixel LCD monitor (with approximately 100% frame coverage) alongside a second LCD data display for information on settings. And to ensure improved data transfer speeds, the camera offers both high-speed IEEE1394 and USB 2.0 interfaces.
For further flexibility, the FinePix S3 Pro has a variety of controls, including a highly accurate, high-speed five point Dynamic Area AF system, 3D Matrix Metering, four shooting modes (single frame, continuous, preview, and multiple exposure), and four exposure modes (Auto-Multi program, Shutter-Priority Auto, Aperture-Priority Auto, Manual). In addition, the FinePix S3 Pro offers nine modes for white balance (auto, fine, shade, incandescent light, two custom settings and three for fluorescent light). The camera also allows you to select a dynamic range of AUTO, Wide (230%, 400%) or Standard (100%). The FinePix S3 Pro can record images in two file formats (CCD-RAW and JPEG). The CCD-RAW file format is the 14-bit "lossless" image file format that effectively stores images exactly as they come from the CCD array before processing by the camera's internal algorithms. Conversion software converts the CCD-RAW data to 8-bit TIFF RGB files, and an optional "Hyper Utility Software" can process the CCD-RAW data to full 16-bit TIFF RGB files without any loss of the original tonality.
Features and benefits:
• 12.34 million effective pixels (6.17 million S-pixels + 6.17 million R-pixels)
• 23.0 x 15.5mm size Super CCD SR II
• 4256 x 2848 (12.1 million) recording pixels
• Image sizes: 4256 x 2848, 3024 x 2016, 2304 x 1536, 1440 x 960 pixels
• JPEG (Fine / Normal), CCD-RAW (14-bit)
• SLR digital camera with Nikon F-mount
• Convenient Dual shutter release buttons in both horizontal and vertical orientations
• Dual LCD monitors
• New 2.0-inch, 235,000-pixel LCD monitor
• Larger buttons, redesigned control layout on rear of camera
• Redesigned storage compartment door
• Sensitivity: ISO 100, 160, 200, 400, 800, 1600
• Shutter speed: Bulb, 30 to 1/4000 sec
• Flash X-Sync max 1/180 sec
• Dual media slots: xD-Picture Card, CF/Microdrive
• Dual interfaces: USB 2.0 (High speed), IEEE1394
• DC-IN, Video Out, PC Sync terminal
• Power source: 4x AA size Ni-MH batteries
• D-TTL Flash metering
• Dimensions: 147.8 x 135.3 x 78.5 mm
• Weight (without batteries/lens): 815 g.