|Fujifilm launches new FinePix F810 camera|
Dennis Hissink : July 28th 2004 - 13:41 CET
Fujifilm's obsession with improving digital image quality has hit a new level with the launch of the FinePix F810. This compact digital camera introduces a refinement in the construction of Fujifilm's Super CCD HR sensor enhanced processor technology and a new sensitivity rating of ISO 80. These enhancements translate into something very simple, purer, clearer, sharper pictures. The newly-designed Super CCD HR sensor featured in the FinePix F810 improves the level of light charge held by each of its six million photodiodes (pixels). Along with the trademark Super CCD high sensitivity of ISO 800, this sensor refinement translates into a new lower sensitivity of ISO 80, greatly improved signal to noise ratio.|
Beside improved s/n ratie the new Super CCD increases the image quality. In other words, the FinePix F810 is capable of converting more of the light collected by the sensor to generate a higher quality image.|
Looking at the photographic results, followed by the specifications, any observer would be forgiven for concluding that this is a high-end, enthusiast camera. Manual exposure control, flash compensation, RAW mode, manual focus and JPEG compression options are all features that are at home on much bigger, bulkier cameras. This is a camera for those who know about photography, but don´t require over-sized photographic equipment to prove it! The FinePix F810 features an extensive 4x zoom lens that gives a focal length equivalent to 32.5mm - 130mm on a 35mm camera. When the camera is switched on, this lens is ready and extended immediately. The widescreen (16:9) facility is enabling images and movie files to be viewed in full on a widescreen television, without stretching or distortion.
The FinePix F810 is perfect for the off-duty photographer or camera enthusiast with quality in mind. Featuring a host of manual controls and exceptional picture quality, photographers will find it difficult to track down such a rewarding digital camera that also fits in their pocket.
The FinePix F810 will be available in September 2004.
FinePix F810 features at a glance:
- Newly-developed 1/1.7 inch Super CCD HR sensor with 6.3 million effective pixels (delivering 12.3 million recorded pixels)
- High performance 4x optical zoom lens equivalent to 32.5mm - 130mm on a 35mm camera
- High resolution 2.1-inch widescreen LCD screen (173,000 pixel CG silicon TFT monitor)
- Full range of exposure controls (P/S/A/M) with convenient command dial
- Continuous shooting modes including Top 4, Final 4 and Long-Period shooting up to 40 frames at 1.6 frames/sec
- Wide range of ISO settings (80/100/200/400/800)
- High quality VGA movie recording at 30 frames per second with sound
- USB 2.0 connectivity for high speed image transfer
- RAW file format for unprocessed image saving
- Ultra-fast start-up time of under 1.2 seconds, shooting interval of approx. 1.0 second
- Includes PictureCradle for fast charging and convenient image transfer
- xD-Picture Card providing large storage capacity, lower power consumption and fast write speeds (16MB to 512MB capacities currently available)
- PictBridge compatibility for direct printing without a PC