Dennis Hissink : June 16th 2004 - 11:16 CET
Epson introduces Pro scanner Expression 10000XL
The Epson Expression 10000XL is a new A3+ graphic arts scanner featuring high resolution, fast scanning speeds, excellent functionality and advanced networking capability. It is compact and features a multitude of enhancements designed to exceed the needs of graphics professionals. With a resolution of 2400dpi and high optical density of 3.8 DMax, the 10000XL is the successor to the Expression 1640XL. It offers higher resolution, faster speed, improved technology and image quality. The lighter weight, compact design and network capability make it ideal for graphics professionals and business users concerned with high-image quality and productivity. The scanner offers high-speed colour scanning for both reflective media and film scanning.|
The faster speed is attributed to a newly designed MatrixCCD optimised for A3 scanning. Also, the optional new Transparancy Unit features a new high-intensity dual lamp system offering up to 1.5 times faster scan speeds than the Expression 1640XL.|
In addition, the instant Xenon start lamp ensures the scanner is an always-ready solution. Image quality is optimised with an auto focus feature, enabling the user to achieve pinpoint focus within a range of up to 6mm above the original glass window. The auto focus optics system automatically adjusts and focuses for clearer sharper scans and also has a full manual facility.
Martin Johns, Epson UK's Product Manager for Graphics Products says, "To achieve high quality scans, graphics professionals need not sacrifice speed or productivity. The Expression 10000XL can meet the most demanding needs of graphic arts applications without degrading quality in any way.
In addition the new scan driver ensures that colour restoration, dust removal and grain reduction functions can greatly improve the appearance of scanned images."
The Expression 10000XL uses an all-in-one moving carriage, the benefits of which are high reliability, high protection from dust and ease of maintenance. For maximum productivity, the scanner can be directly connected to the network using an optional Epson Network Image Express Card.
To complement the professional graphics environment, the Expression 10000XL features a full version of LaserSoft SilverFast( Ai 6 complete with IT8 target charts, ideal for pre-press applications where the ability to create and maintain ICC input profiles is essential for a full ICC workflow.
Martin Johns says, "At Epson we have an excellent reputation for providing, high-quality products to the graphics industry. The Expression 10000XL is no exception. Its enhancements will ensure it not only meets but exceeds the demands of graphic professionals".
Epson Expression 10000XL Features Summary
* Available July
* Expression 10000XL RRP ex VAT EUR1,999
* New Matrix CCD optimized for highest quality 2400dpi A3 scans
* Optical density of 3.8 DMax
* High bright Xenon lamp for zero standby time
* Advanced auto-focus system with manual focusing
* Dedicated ASIC for hardware image processing
* Built-in USB 2.0 Hi-Speed and IEEE1394 (FireWire)
* Optional 10BaseT/100BaseTX network interface
* Features SilverFast(r) Ai 6 complete with IT8 calibration targets
* Photoshop Elements 2.0 and FineReader Sprint 5 software as standard
* Optional A3 Automatic Document Feeder
* Optional A3 Transparency Unit:
• Robust 35mm, medium format & 5"x4" film holders
• Features two separate lamps for optimised scanning o Simultaneously scans up to 48 x 35mm frames or 8 x 5" x 4" transparencies
* EPSON Scan Driver with colour restoration, dust removal and grain