|Photobird.com announces exciting new features|
Dennis Hissink : April 6th 2004 - 02:10 CET
Photobird.com, the easy way to share your photos around the world, announced the immediate availability of exciting new features that make sharing digital photos even easier, more secure, and more flexible. Some of the new features the Photobird.com website now supports include the ability to select different digital photo display sizes, the ability to password protect photo albums, and the choice to allow visitors to leave comments about your digital photos and photo albums, similar to a guest book. A free trial and more information about the new features announced today are available at www.photobird.com. "Digital camera users want ease of use, control, and flexibility when they share their digital photos with friends and family".|
|"These new features on Photobird.com give our customers the control and flexibility they have asked for, while still maintaining the ease of use and clean, professional design for which Photobird.com is known worldwide," said Ed Krimen, co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Photobird.com. "Not only are these new features available to subscribers at no additional cost, but they are completely optional to use, and subscribers can use them on the photo albums they choose."|
"Photobird.com has a nice, clean design and is well presented," said David Roy, photographer and retired senior manufacturing engineer from Mission Viejo, California. "I like the option of giving visitors the ability to comment and rate the photos. This is a good tool for photographers to know which photos are the preferred ones. Kudos on a great site!"
The new features on Photobird.com include the following, which are provided at no additional cost to subscribers:
- Select photo display size, Photobird.com subscribers now have the option to select the photo display size for their photo albums, if they want to display photos at sizes different than the default 640x480 resolution. Subscribers can change the photo display size for one photo album, a few photo albums, or for all of their photo albums, it's their choice.
- Require passwords to view individual albums. Beyond the standard level of security that Photobird.com provides, subscribers can assign passwords to the albums of their choice. Password protection is easy to set up and useful, for example, when you wish to show your artistic photos to everyone, but you only want your family to access your family photos.
- Hide individual albums. Perhaps you want some additional privacy beyond the standard privacy level that Photobird.com provides, but you don't want to require visitors to enter a password to view private photos. In that case, Photobird.com now offers the ability to hide photo albums. Hidden photo albums are not displayed in the subscriber's collection of photo albums. To access hidden photo
albums, visitors need to know the direct links to the hidden photo albums.
- Allow comments and ratings on your digital photos and albums. Photobird.com subscribers can now "turn on" comments to allow visitors to post public comments about their photos and albums, similar to a guestbook. If subscribers want visitors to rate their digital photos, subscribers can turn on ratings too. Photobird.com offers three choices: allow comments and ratings, allow comments only, or the
default: do not show comments and ratings. Moreover, Photobird.com allows subscribers to select only specific photo albums and digital photos available for comments and ratings. For example, subscribers may want visitors to comment and rate their artistic photos, but may not want visitors to comment and rate digital photos of their children's birthday party. The comments and rating feature on Photobird.com is very simple to set up.
- Download original, unmodified digital photos. Photobird.com subscribers can now download their original, unmodified digital photos from their photo albums. Access to original, unmodified digital photos is useful for printing photos and for immediate access to photos, without having to search through multiple CDs of archived photos.
- Website design enhancements. Photobird.com has incorporated several new design enhancements, including improved visual distinction between photo albums and digital photos, and improved legibility of the album navigation.
To coincide with the release of these new features on Photobird.com, Photobird.com co-founder and Chief Executive Officer Ed Krimen has also published a new how-to article on Photobird.com titled "How to Use Photobird.com to Share your Digital Photos". In this article, available for free to everyone visiting Photobird.com, Mr. Krimen shares some secrets about Photobird.com, highlighting the most useful, easy-to-use features to share your digital photos. To read this
article, visit www.photobird.com/learn/howtousephotobird.html
Pricing and availability
The new Photobird.com features announced today are available immediately to subscribers at no additional cost. Photobird.com offers flexible and convenient monthly and yearly subscription options, available at ww.photobird.com/subscribe. For less than $5 per month, about the price for storage space for a website that you would need to build yourself, Photobird.com provides the storage space and the unique, professionally-designed web interface to make it easy to create your own online photo albums. Access to the Photobird Learning Center, including the article "How to Use Photobird.com to Share your Digital Photos", is free for all visitors to Photobird.com. The Photobird Learning Center is available at www.photobird.com/learn/.