Canon 400-D camera - Improved performance
As well as the EOS Integrated Cleaning System, the EOS 400D incorporates a number of developments over the EOS 350D. Resolution increases from 8.0 to 10.1 Megapixels, using the superior hi-sensitivity, hi-speed, low-noise CMOS technology now found in all six EOS Digital models. At nearly twice the size of the EOS 350D display, the 2.5" hi-resolution LCD is the brightest in the EOS range and now displays all of key shooting and user interface information along with image playback. The AF system expands from 7 to 9-point, with a highly sensitive f/2.8 center point for exceptional performance in low light. Even with the image resolution increase, maximum frame burst almost doubles from 14 to 27 large JPEGs and from 5 to 10 RAW.
Canon 400D DSLR - Features
• 10.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor
• Integrated Cleaning System
• 2.5" LCD screen with 230K pixels
• 160º viewing angle
• High-precision 9 point AF system
• Picture Style image processing parameters
• DIGIC II image processor with 0.2 sec start up
• Digital Photo Professional RAW processing software
• Compact and Lightweight body
• Fully compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses and EX-series Speedlites
Canon 400D reflex camera - Dust reduction
The Canon EOS 400D is the first camera to incorporate the EOS Integrated Cleaning System. Based on significant research into the causes of dust in D-SLR cameras, the system combats dust in three important ways: Reduce, Repel and Remove:
• Reduce : Internal camera mechanisms are designed to minimise dust generation. The body cap is redesigned to prevent dust generation through wear on the cap itself.
• Repel : Anti-static technologies are applied to the low-pass filter covering the front of the sensor so as not to attract dust.
• Remove : A Self-Cleaning Sensor Unit uses hi-frequency vibrations to shake dust from the low pass filter for approximately one second after each start up. For instant shooting after power up, this feature is disabled immediately the shutter release is depressed.
Canon has also developed an internal Dust Delete Data system, which can map the position of any visible dust on the sensor. This can then be deleted automatically after the shoot with the latest Digital Photo Professional software.
Canon 400D digital SLR - EOS advantages
The EOS 400D inherits a number of advanced features proven in higher-end EOS models, such as the EOS 30D and 5D. These include its 9-point AF system, Picture Style, 9,999 image capacity folders and expanded Pictbridge functionality. The EOS 400D also incorporates the same DIGIC II processor found across the EOS range right through to EOS 1 professional models. As well as providing superior image quality through advanced rendering algorithms and almost instant 0.2 second start up time, DIGIC II's accelerated processing prioritises the photographer's ability to keep shooting by clearing the buffer quickly between frame bursts.
Canon 400D SLR - Upgrade
The upgrade path to the EOS 400D from earlier EOS models is made easy by maintaining the same intuitive user interface and basic layout of key features and functions. Photographers are also able to use the same battery and Battery Grip BG-E3 as used on the EOS 350D, as well as continued support for all EF and EF-S lenses, EX Speedlites and EOS accessories.
Canon 400D - Software, Price & Availability
Consistent with the entire EOS Digital range, the EOS 400D is supplied with a comprehensive software suite to help the photographer's workflow. This includes Digital Photo Professional (DPP), a powerful RAW converter that provides complete RAW image processing control. DPP also integrates with camera features such as the Dust Delete Data and Picture Style. The camera also comes with EOS Capture, Image/Zoom Browser and Photostitch, plus 100MB of personal online space on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, Canon's online photo sharing service. The EOS 400D 18-55 kit will be available from late September 2006 for £719.99 RRP inc. VAT / €1039.99 RRP inc. VAT (Body only £649.99 RRP inc. VAT / €939.99 RRP inc. VAT)