Ilse Jurriën : August 24th 2006 - 08:00 CET
Nikon Coolpix L6
Nikon Coolpix L6 : Nikon is pleased to announce the introduction of the Nikon Coolpix L6. A digital camera offering powerful imaging performance, easy operation and outstanding battery life, the Nikon L6 lets users shoot with greater confidence for better-looking results. Created with a slim, lightweight design, the Nikon Coolpix L6 offers the imaging performance of 6.0 effective Megapixels. It also has an optical 3x Zoom-Nikkor lens with a focal range of 38-116mm (35mm equivalent), making it a cinch to capture everything from pleasing portraits to expansive landscapes with true-to-life color and fine detail. The Nikon L6 is scheduled for release in September 2006 in Europe. The recommended retail price in the Netherlands is €249.|
Nikon L6 camera - Battery life|
The Nikon L6 delivers the world's longest battery life, being able to shoot up to an incredible 1,000 images when using the supplied Energizer lithium AA-size batteries! Highly convenient, such extended battery life is ideally suited to travel or when capturing important events, such as a wedding, where you can't afford to run out of power. A choice of 15 Scenes makes it easy to achieve optimal results in a wide range of shooting conditions. Simply select the Scene mode most closely corresponding to the scene at hand and the Nikon L6 chooses the best settings for pleasing results. Four of the Scene modes also feature Scene assist.
Nikon Coolpix L6 digital camera - Sensitivity and LCD display
The Nikon Coolpix L6 offers light sensitivity beyond conventional compact digitals, too, with settings up to ISO 800. This means users can shoot pictures in lower light without having to use a long exposure. It also allows users to select higher shutter speeds for the capture of fast-moving subjects. And because the Nikon Coolpix L6 has a large, easy-to-view 115,000-dot 2.5-inch LCD monitor, it supports smooth composition as well as enjoyable image playback anywhere.
Nikon L6 compact camera - Image retouch
The Nikon Coolpix L6 also makes it especially easy to get great-looking results in challenging conditions by featuring three unique in-camera Nikon image innovations, Face Priority AF that automatically detects and achieves sharp focus on people's faces wherever they are in the frame, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix that can automatically overcome the red-eye effect sometimes caused by flash, and Nikon's D-Lighting that can rescue underexposed images or shots taken with too much back light.
Nikon Coolpix L6 features
• Highly compact dimensions of (W x H x D) 91 x 60.5 x 26mm excluding projections
• Take-anywhere light weight of approx. 125g (without battery and SD memory card)
• Energizer lithium AA-batteries included
• Date counter visually records the countdown of days to a special occasion
• Slide show function adds fun to image viewing anytime
• Menu available in a choice of 20 languages
• BSS (Best Shot Selector)
• Macro mode allows shooting from as close as 10cm
• Color options add fun to shooting with 5 different color effects
• Blur warning alerts when an image is blurred
• USB connectivity enables fast data transfer to computers and other peripherals
• Small picture function creates image with smaller data for easy email attachment
• Trimming function makes it easy to improve composition after shooting
• Time zone function enables the camera clock to be set to local time
• 4x digital zoom extends compositional freedom
• Nikon's PictureProject software supplied
• Choice of white balance: Auto with TTL control, 7-mode manual (Direct sunlight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Shade, Flash and White Bal. Preset)
Nikon Coolpix L6 digital compact camera - Secure Digital and Internal Memory
The Nikon L6 additionally features approximately 23MB of internal memory, which allows users to go on shooting even without external memory media. It's also compatible with SD cards, which are widely available around the world. What's more, the Nikon Coolpix L6 even adds convenience to printing, allowing users to connect the camera direct to PictBridge-compatible printers to produce beautiful photos without the need for a computer.
Nikon Coolpix digital camera - Image quality
The Nikon L6 puts high-quality imaging within reach of users of all experience levels. Offering the imaging performance of 6.0 effective Megapixels and an optical 3x Zoom-Nikkor lens with a 38-116mm range (35mm equivalent), the Nikon Coolpix L6 gives users the compositional freedom to capture everything from expansive landscapes to tight portraits with high clarity, fine detail and true-to-life color.
Nikon L6 photo camera - Portrait photography
Three unique Nikon image innovations make it easier to achieve great-looking results. Face-priority AF can automatically detect then achieve accurate focus on people's faces, no matter where they are in the frame. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix can automatically detect the annoying red-eye effect sometimes caused by flash and compensate for it in-camera. The D-Lighting function can rescue underexposed images or shots with too much backlight by creating a copy of the image but with light and detail added where necessary and well-exposed areas left exactly as they were.