Ilse Jurriën : August 21th 2006 - 01:07 CET
Epson photo scanner receives EISA Award
Epson photo scanner receives EISA Award : The European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA), Europe's biggest multimedia press organisation, has singled out the Epson Perfection V700 Photo/V750Pro professional scanner series as best “European Scanner 2006-2007”. The Perfection V750 Pro is ideal for the professional photographer while the Epson Perfection V700 Photo is suitable for the photo enthusiast or advanced amateur photographer. The Photo Panel, responsible for judging and selecting the best products for the photography industry is made up from editors of 16 leading photography magazines across Europe. The reasons for choosing the Perfection V700/V750 series were based upon its features and professional performance.|
Epson Perfection V700 photo scanner |
The A4 flatbed scanner series features a Dual Lens System with Super Resolution Lens offering up to 6400dpi film scanning (up to 5.9” width) and a High Resolution Lens offering up to 4800dpi reflective scanning and film scanning (over 5.9” width.) Two lenses mean the scanners deliver a high resolution of 6400dpi without increasing the A4 footprint or compromising on quality. Digital ICE Technologies automatically remove dust, scratches, dirt and fingerprints from film and photos. They also feature a large scanning area reaching up to 8x10” (203 x 254mm) and four film holders that support 35mm film strips and slides, medium and large format film. You can insert four strips of 35mm films, twelve 35mm mounted slides, two 6x20cm 120/220 frames and two 4x5” frames.
Epson Perfection V750 professional scanner
The Epson Perfection V750 Pro features a High Pass Optics system to improve scanning speed and quality. An Anti-Reflection Optical Coating is applied to the glass on the scanner to eliminate reflection and ghosting, producing a sharp and clear image, while a High Reflection Mirror improves the reflection of the scanned light to the sensor, resulting in faster scanning speeds. It is bundled with a fully comprehensive software suite that includes, Adobe PhotoShop Elements 3.0, SilverFast Ai and Monaco EZcolor.
Epson Perfection flatbed scanner
Barbara Kuhr, Head of Strategic Marketing, Epson Europe says, “Epson continues to develop highly innovative products for professional and amateur photographers that combine the best in quality with the best in value. At launch these scanners were, and still are, the world’s first flatbed scanners at less than £550 to offer these features. Therefore it is great that the features and quality of output has been rewarded with a ‘best in class’ seal of approval by such a prestigious collective of photo industry experts.
Epson Perfection scanners - Key features:
• Scan documents and film with the unique Dual Lens System
• Super Resolution Lens for 6400 dpi film scanning
• High Resolution Lens for 4800 dpi film and reflective scanning
• Create colour-managed reproductions with a maximum resolution of 6400 dpi for film scanning
• Scan many different film formats: 4x5”, 35mm strip-film and 35mm mounted slides
• Remove dust and scratches with DIGITAL ICE Technology
• Excellent tone reproduction with 4.0 DMax optical density
• Enjoy faster scanning and easy connection with USB 2.0 and IEEE 1394 (FireWire)
• Scan film of up to 8x10” with the use of Film Area Guide
• Increase productivity with batch scanning
• Track scanning with the moving blue LED
• Preview and retrieve images with Epson Creativity Suite
• Epson Perfection V700 Photo RRP including tax £399
• Epson Perfection V750 Pro RRP including tax £549
Epson Perfection V750 proscanner - Additional features
Epson Perfection V750 Pro additional features summary:
• Superior image quality and scanning speed due to High Pass Optics system: Anti-Reflection Optical Coatings and a High Reflection Mirror
• Enhance images and productivity further with SilverFast Ai and Monaco EZcolor software.
About EISA Awards
EISA is the largest editorial multimedia organization in Europe, with a membership of 52 Audio, Mobile Electronics, Video and Photo magazines drawn from 18 European countries. In June every year, all EISA member magazines come together in a European city for the most important meeting in the year: the election of the European Awards. From all products introduced during the preceding twelve months, each panel must choose the best equipment in each category. As an organisation populated by journalists, EISA moves with the times, continually observing the state of the art and adjusting its Awards categories to reflect the latest developments.
Epson is a global leader in imaging products including printers, 3LCD projectors and small- and medium-sized LCDs. With an innovative and creative culture, Epson is dedicated to exceeding the vision and expectations of customers worldwide with products known for their superior quality, functionality, compactness and energy efficiency. Epson is a network of 90,701 employees in 120 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and to the communities in which it is located. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corp., the Group had consolidated sales of 1549.5 billion yen in fiscal 2005.