Adobe Lightroom Adventure 2006|
From July 28 to August 5, 2006, this intrepid crew - joined by three top Icelandic photographers - is shooting by day and using Adobe Lightroom beta to import, select, develop, and showcase their large volume of digital images each night. Adobe is represented by four imaging specialists who will both shoot and assist other photographers as they work with both the Lightroom and Photoshop applications. Premium sponsors for the Lightroom Adventure are Adobe, ExpoImaging, the Iceland Tourist Board, Icelandair, Lowepro, and O'Reilly. Additional sponsors supporting the event are Epson, Fosshotel, Graystone Travel, Hertz, the Oflun Group, SanDisk, and SAS Radisson Hotel.
Adobe Adventure software - Tool for photographers
"The Lightroom Adventure is a celebration of learning through collaboration," said Aaland. "I've worked with a network of amazing photographers through the years, and I've always shared their hard-won knowledge in my books. When I sat down to write about Lightroom, I decided to harvest that knowledge in real time, through a collaborative shoot. The Lightroom Adventure is also a true collaboration between artists and Adobe. They're supporting our in-the-field testing of Lightroom, and will use our feedback to help make Lightroom an even better tool for photographers."
Photographic Community - Adobe Lightroom
"We appreciate all of the feedback we continue to receive for Lightroom beta from the photographic community and we're excited that even more skilled photographers will be putting Lightroom to the test in the field," said Kevin Connor, senior director of product management for Digital Imaging at Adobe. "We designed Lightroom beta to be powerful and portable, with the ability to run on the most commonly used systems including laptops. We're looking forward to their feedback, as we fine tune the beta to suit photographers' workflow needs, whether they're in studio or away at a shoot."
Iceland trip - Photographers joining Aaland
The photographers joining Aaland in Iceland for the Lightroom Adventure are:
• Bill Atkinson, landscape photographer, digital printing pioneer, and member of the original Macintosh team at Apple.
• Maggie Hallahan, freelance photographer who shoots both for editorial and corporate clients.
• John Isaac, former chief of the United Nations Photo Unit, now an independent photographer, shooting almost exclusively digital.
• Peter Krogh, owner of a full-service commercial photography studio in the Washington, DC area, is both an award-winning photographer and author.
• Christopher Lund, a top Icelandic photographer.
• Ari Magg, photographer based in Iceland.
• John McDermott, a San Francisco-based freelance photographer who shoots globally for corporate, advertising and editorial clients.
• Richard Morgenstein, a location photographer specializing in environmental portraiture.
• Michael Reichmann, a world-renowned nature photographer and photographic educator who is the publisher and primary author of The Luminous Landscape website.
• Chris Sanderson, Lightroom Adventure videographer.
• Sigurgeir Sigurjonsson, one of Iceland's most respected and accomplished photographers.
• Derrick Story, photographer, author, and O'Reilly's Online Editorial Director.
• Martin Sundberg, an award-winning photographer specializing in portraiture and extreme sports.