|Mobile imaging seminar at Photokina|
Ilse Jurriën : August 20th 2006 - 19:35 CET
Mobile imaging seminar at Photokina : With nearly half the world’s mobile phone users taking pictures with the devices, and digital cameras becoming ever more compact and affordable, concerns regarding efficient photo printing, industry standards and other issues are increasing. Those issues will be fully addressed during: “Imaging with Mobile Devices” – two half-day seminars set for Thursday, 28 September, at the Offenbachsal, Congress Center East, adjacent to Photokina. The morning seminar, “Picture-Taking with Mobile Imaging Devices,” will examine the North American and European markets for compact digital cameras and mobile phones with camera functions, exploring current and future patterns of use. |
Digital cameras & Camera phones|
The afternoon seminar, “Picture-Making from Mobile Imaging Devices,” will focus on current and future options for processing and using images captured via a mobile imaging device. “More and more people from every level of society are now able to immediately record their impressions with digital images. Modern, ultra-compact digital cameras have become extremely popular and accessible among consumers, as have camera phones,” said Don Franz, President of Photo Imaging News, one of the seminar sponsors. “As the number of people who carry and use a mobile imaging device grows, so does the need for ways to send and process the photos quickly and under all manner of circumstances. These seminars will offer insight into all these matters.”
Offenbachsal morning seminar - Highlights
• Changing Camera Phone User Behavior – a presentation by Steve Hoffenberg, Director, Consumer Imaging Research, Lyra Research Inc.
• Worldwide Camera Phone Development – a presentation by Mikko Pikama, Director, Multimedia Experiences, Nokia Inc.
• Advances in Digital Image Correction – a presentation by Brad Malcolm, Vice President, Business Development, Athentech Technologies Inc.
• Online Photo Services: An Evolving Industry – a presentation by Ben Nelson, Vice President, Imaging & Printing Group, HP Corp.
• Kiosk Usage Statistics – a presentation by Steve Giordano Sr., Chairman and CEO, Lucidiom Inc.
Mobile imaging afternoon seminar - Highlights
• Making the Image Selection Process Entertaining – a presentation by Wulf Schmidt-Sacht, Member, Board of Directors, CeWe Color Holdings
• Creating Photobooks Through Kiosks – a presentation by Raffaella Manca, Vice President, Marketing & Strategies, Oblo Multimedia
• “Monetizing” Digital Exposures – a presentation by Brad Kruchten, Vice President & General Manager, Film & Photo Services, Eastman Kodak Co.
• Order Fulfillment of Mobile Images – a presentation by Kai Moenig, General Manager, Digital Imaging Product Management, Central Europe Photofinishing, Fujicolor Inc.
• A Call to Simplify Capture/Print Workflow – a panel discussion moderated by imaging expert Elmo Sapwater and featuring: Eran Steinberg, CEO, FotoNation Inc.; John Henshall, professional photographer, columnist and speaker; Mike Willis, managing Director, Pivitol Resources Ltd.; and Don Franz, President, Photo Imaging News
Photokina seminar - Registration fees
Registration fees are €295 per seminar, or €395 for both seminars. The fee covers attendance, copies of the presentations, a CD containing the presentations as actually given, lunch, and coffee break. Interested parties can register via the Internet by visiting the website of IMI Europe. In addition to Photo Imaging News, “Imaging With Mobile Devices” is sponsored by IMI Europe, koelnmesse, and Prophoto GmbH.