Ilse Jurriën : August 20th 2006 - 13:08 CET
Top-ranking speakers IFA Convention 2006
Top-ranking speakers IFA convention 2006 : From 4 to 6 September the IFA Convention 2006 - Common life technologies - the new congress format for decision-makers from the CE, IT and telecommunications sectors, will be celebrating its premiere at the IFA in the ICC Berlin. The event is organised by Computec Media AG, the IFA’s exclusive business partner for congresses. The main focus at the IFA convention will be on digital topics of the future: among them are the challenges presented by digital convergence, the technology required for future innovations, as well as entertainment and advertising in the digital age. This congress format is aimed at members of the CE, IT and telecommunications sectors: CEOs, sales and product managers, decision-makers in marketing, consultancies as well representatives from research and science.|
IFA 2006 event - Costs|
A premium pass costing 1,299 euros grants interested persons from these sectors admission to any of these events, and to the lectures and panel discussions at the IFA convention. Catering and conference material are included in the price. Application forms and additional informa¬tion on the IFA convention are available at IFA’s website.
Journalists carrying an IFA press badge (press/ accreditation) will also be admitted to the IFA convention. Those wishing to take part in the IFA convention must also apply in advance to Computec media AG, Iris Manz.
IFA convention 2006 - Top-ranking speakers
On 4 September a group of outstanding speakers at the Opening Keynote Session will start up the series with The Next Dimension of the Digital Universe. Internationally well-known and top-ranking speakers Chris Deering, Justin Townsend and Andreas S. Weigend will map out their concepts and visions for a digital age, from the vantage point of the industry which they represent.
• Chris Deering, a pioneer of the digital entertainment and gaming industry, is the former president of Sony Europe and responsible for the introduction of the Sony Playstation & PSP.
• Justin Townsend is the founder and CEO of IGA Worldwide, the world’s premier in-game advertising company, with branches in the USA, London and Berlin.
• Dr. Andreas S. Weigend of Weigend Associates LLC perfected recommendation marketing at Amazon. He is a leading pioneer on how to transform customer needs into internet services.
IFA 2006 convention - Future of the digital world
On 5 and 6 September, following the Opening Keynote Session, industry experts at four so-called Knowledge Tracks will present and discuss new directions for the future of the digital world. The IFA Convention will close with a chaired Closing Super Session, presenting an evaluation of the results and trends at the IFA and the IFA Convention.
IFA 2006 - Markets & industries
The knowledge tracks in brief; Convergence of technologies, markets and industries
Main topics; Who will be the providers and disseminators of information content? What strategies will the television industry develop? Trends and visions for 2010. Speakers include:
• Joel Berger, VP Marketing & New Business, MTV Networks
• Dr. Willms Buhse, Director Marketing, Member of the Executive Committee, CoreMedia AG
• Klemens Dreesbach, Unit Director Convergence, ID-Media
• Dr. Rainer Hecker, Chairman of the Board of Loewe AG and the Supervisory Board of gfu
• Stefan Jenzowsky, Vice President, Siemens Com Strategy, Siemens AG
• Thomas Kreuels, IPTV Product Manager, Microsoft TV
• Martin Olausson, Senior Analyst, Digital Consumer Practice, Strategy Analytics (UK)
• Marc Schröder, Senior Vice President T-Home, T-Online International AG
• Lutz Schüler, Senior Vice President Offer Management, Member of the Board, O2 Germany
IFA congress - Digital entertainment
Main topics: What does entertainment mean in the digital age? Is the gaming industry about to replace Hollywood? Where are community platforms heading? Speakers include:
• Stephan Brechtmann, Director Home Entertainment Divsion, Microsoft Germany
• Frank Mackenroth, German Leader Entertainment & Media, PriceWaterHouseCoopers
• Torsten Muth, Head of EMEA Marketing, MSN Europe
• Arne Peters, Segment Manager Consumer Software & Solutions, Intel Corp.
• Tim Renner, CEO, Motor Entertainment, MotorFM
• Andreas S. Weigend, Ph.D., Weigend Associates LLC / formerly head researcher at amazon.com
IFA 2006 topics - Advertising
Main topics: What challenges does InGame advertising have in store? How does brand management work in the digital entertainment age? How does ITV and peer-to-peer marketing affect advertising? Speakers include:
• Uli Bellieno, Managing Director, Bellieno Consulting
• Chris Deering, a pioneer in digital entertainment and the gaming industry
• Ronald Focken, Managing Director, Serviceplan Agenturgruppe
• Markus Frank, Director Sales, MSN Deutschland
• Gregor Gründgens, Director Marketing Communications, Coca-Cola GmbH
• Dr. Andrea Malgara, Managing Director Marketing, SevenOne Media GmbH
• Justin Townsend, CEO IGA Worldwide
About Computec Media
Computec Media is a publisher based in Fürth, Germany. Every month its magazines and digital media (DVD/Online) dealing with the world of electronic entertainment reach an audience of millions. Computec Media offers its readers expert information on topics such as digital lifestyle, PC and video games, hardware, movies/DVDs and kids. The organisation currently has 150 employees. Computec Media AG is a group company of Marquard Media AG, Zug, Switzerland. Jürg Marquard is the publisher.
About Spiele Filme Technik
SFT Spiele Filme Technik - Computec Media’s consumer electronics and digital lifestyle magazine offers entertaining and expert buying advice, backed up by the latest test criteria. SFT discusses current topics and technology trends from the worlds of CE digital products and solutions and the IT and telecommunications sectors, in a way which readers can comprehend and from which decision-makers can easily benefit.