Dennis Hissink : July 19th 2006 - 10:00 CET
Panasonic DMW SDP1 HDTV Photo Player
Panasonic DMW SDP1 HDTV Photo Player : Panasonic today introduced the new Panasonic HDTV Photo Player DMW-SDP1 that allows users to view photos taken by a LUMIX or other SD-enabled digital camera, in High Definition quality on a large screen TV. Through simply connecting the Panasonic SDP1 (using supplied HD component cable) to a High Definition TV, such as a Panasonic VIERA, and inserting their SD/SDHC memory card into the slot, users can view their photos in 1080i high definition quality. Taking advantage of its wide portfolio of consumer electronic expertise, Panasonic’s commitment to create a new photographic culture through the introductions of not only cameras but also other digital imaging solutions, continues to grow.|
Panasonic SDP1 photo player - Viewer|
The compact, lightweight Panasonic DMW-SDP1 HDTV is totally different from other photo viewers in the way that it incorporates Lumix’s renowned Venus Engine III image processing LSI as its brain in order to achieve a quick response time by dramatically reducing time for starting up and further reduces the image-to-image interval to as short as minimum 1 sec. In addition, you can get quick printouts by connecting the DMW-SDP1 to a PictBridge printer via the included USB cable while you are enjoying the slideshow at the same time.
Panasonic DMW SDP1 photo viewer - Slideshow and Index
A wide variety of playback options is another feature of the DMW-SDP1. Three kinds of special transition effect are available, making slideshows more interesting and involving. Also, in preview mode, you can quickly search for the image you want by displaying either a max. 25 thumbnail index screen, or calendar time-series screen. Images taken vertically are automatically rotated by reading the underlying information (Images taken by LUMIX only).
Panasonic HDTV DMW-SDP1 - JPEG and High definition images
The Panasonic DMW-SDP1 also supports motion JPEG playback, irrespective of TV system. In addition to the normal VGA (640 x 480), wide aspect VGA (848 x 480) motion images, which can be recorded with LUMIX, the Panasonic SDP1 offers dynamic motion image playback which especially benefits viewing on wide aspect HDTVs. Furthermore, you can even enjoy the awesome high definition motion image (1280 x 720, at 15 fps) with natural detail reproduction that is recordable with the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 digital camera.
Panasonic DMW-SDP1 viewer - Remote control
The included remote controller allows you to sit back, relax and enjoy smooth playback of high definition images with your family and friends. Operation of the remote controller is as easy as that of a LUMIX thanks to its omni-directional cursor.
Panasonic DMW SDP1 HDTV Photo Player features
• Dimensions (W x H x D): approx. 113 x 25 x 60.5 mm (4.45 x 0.98 x 2.38 inch)
• Weight: approx. 85g. (0.19 lb)
• Playback format still image: JPEG (based on Exif 2.2 standard), DPOF corresponding
• Playback format picture with audio: JPEG (based on Exif2.2 standard)+ QuickTime
• Playback format: motion images: QuickTime Motion JPEG
• Playback mode: 25-, 9-thumbnail, calendar display, zoomed playback (16x max.)
• Playback mode: image rotation, Slide show (adjustable, also manual controllable)
• Playback mode: Playback of favorite pictures, protection, DPOF print setting
• Playback Media: SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard
• Interface: HD Component Video Output [Y, PB (CB), PR(CR)], DC Input, USB
• Direct Print: PictBridge
• Power: AC Adaptor (4.8V)
• Standard Accessories: Remote controller, AC Adaptor, HD Component Cable
• OSD UK: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese
• OSD Russia: Russian, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese,Thai
• OSD Europe: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Dutch, Japanese
Panasonic's vision of the digital future is driven by the needs and aspirations of our business customers and millions of consumers around the world who use our products every day. We share their dream to live a fuller life by providing ways of working smarter and enjoying the rewards of technological advances. As we move forward together with our customers into the uncharted future of the 21st century with the prospect of future technologies and systems yet to be thought of, Panasonic's standards are still firmly grounded in the philosophy of company founder Konosuke Matsushita. He began our journey in 1918 by inventing a two-socket light fixture. Profound in its import yet elegantly simple, Konosuke Matsushita's breakthrough led to what is now one of the world's largest electronics companies. As he built Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd., he never lost sight of the importance of putting the needs of his customers and the public first.