Mathijs Voss : July 21th 2006 - 10:03 CET
|Color display video MP3 player Minox DMP3
Color display video MP3 player Minox DMP3 :With the release of the Minox DMP3 media player, Minox adds yet another professional multi-talent to its product range. High-tech in a compact size, with an extremely attractive housing the Minox DMP3 is another result of the successful and multi-award-winning cooperation between Minox and Volkswagen-Design. Its real assets are the MPEG4 video player and the AV-recorder; but a digital photo album, MP3 player, voice recorder and USB memory are additional features. Playing and recording of videos via the integrated interface is a key function of the Minox DMP3. Films can be recorded and stored directly from a Television or DVD onto the tiny device by using a cable.|
Minox DMP3 Player - Storage Capacity|
Minox uses the cutting-edge MPEG4 format with high quality for both pictures and sound despite the comparatively small file size. A built-in 128 MB flash memory and a slot for an SD card with a storage capacity of one gigabyte which is sufficient for playing one film serve as an electronic media-depot. Voice recordings via the media recorder are automatically transferred directly to MP3 format. That provides the possibility to record music, for example, from a CD player or voices by the voice recorder function.
Minox DMP3 Media recorder - Features
• MPEG4-Video (recording and playback).
• MP3/WMA-Player (recording and playback).
• Digital voice recorder.
• SD/MMC card reader.
• USB memory stick.
• Internal stereo speaker.
• Built-in 128 MB flash memory.
• Optional: SD/MMC card up to 2 GB.
• LCD display: 2,5’’ LTPS TFT LCD, 960x240 pixels, 262 K color.
• 2 in 1 MiniUSB (USB 2.0, Power In).
• 4 in 1 earphone jack (video-out, earphone jack, external microphone, AV in).
• Video out / video in: TV out (NTSC/PAL) / AV in (NTSC/PAL).
• Video recorder 640 x 480 (VGA), max. 30 fps / 320 x 240.
• Resolution: (QVGA), max. 30 fps.
• Audio-Quality: 2 modes: CD quality, radio quality.
• Picture print out: Support DPOF.
• Image playback 2 modes: Single / Index (preview).
• Support copying or transferring files between SD card and internal memory.
• Supports copying or disarranging files between SD/MMC card and internal memory.
• Format support: JPEG, ASF, WAV, MP3, WMA.
• Language support: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish.
• Battery: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery (3,7 V / 1.000 mA).
• Power supply: 5 V DC adapter / via USB cable.
• Dimensions: 90 x 68 x 16 mm.
• Weight is approximately 69 g (excluding battery).
Minox DMP3 Media recorder - 2.5 Inch TFT Display
During playback, the sound can be adjusted with an integrated equalizer. The stereo playback sound of film or sound files is through the integrated loud-speakers. Their power is sufficient enough to enjoy multimedia at home and away. The Minox DMP3 also comes with earphones for privacy. The large 2.5 inch TFT display is another feature for first-class audio-visual enjoyment.
Minox Media recorder - Functions
The control switches of the DMP3 grant an uncomplicated and simple handling. Control of all main functions and menu settings are placed front-and-center on the DMP3, making them both ergonomic and practical. Everything is self-explanatory, with a systematic menu and unmistakable symbols on the large color display, guiding the user quickly and instinctively. Further keys are integrated at the sides of the elegant housing which can be used with a single thumb control. The DMP3 functions as a removable memory device, as well. The USB interface can be used to transfer files quickly between computer and media player, while charging the Li-Ion battery. The capacity of the battery allows approximately three hours of film play.