|NEC MultiSync LCD displays|
Ilse Jurriën : June 29th 2006 - 23:42 CET
NEC MultiSync LCD displays : NEC Display Solutions of America, provider of flat panel desktop and commercial large-screen LCD displays, launched new 19-inch NEC MultiSync LCD1990FX and LCD1990FXp monitors to meet the demanding requirements of customers in the financial and professional markets. The newest displays in NEC's professional MultiSync 90-series of high-end monitors are designed for power users who often use two or more displays simultaneously. Like the other NEC MultiSync 90-series models, the MultiSync LCD1990FX and the LCD1990FXp have 150-mm height-adjustable stands, pivot for either portrait or landscape mode, and contain ultra-thin borders around the screen to save space - especially useful in multiple-monitor setups. |
NEC MultiSync LCD1990FXp |
The MultiSync LCD1990FXp boasts the world's thinnest side bezel at just under 7-mm thick - 42 percent thinner than the company's current ultra-thin-bezels. "Identifying productivity improvement opportunities and creating efficient cooperative environments are critical in today's financial services industry and other professional markets," said Ray Froude, Senior Product Specialist for NEC Display Solutions. "The NEC MultiSync FX and FXp models illustrate how NEC continually listens to the needs of our end-users. By developing the world's thinnest display bezels while also adding a number of other value-rich features, NEC enables end-users to improve collaboration and maximize multiple monitor computing."
NEC MultiSync LCD1990FX LCD display
The LCD1990FX and the LCD1990FXp displays also include a quick-release stand. Now, users can simply pull a lever and the display detaches from its base. This allows faster arm-mounting, and provides portability for faster setups and easier support. The extremely wide 178-degree viewing angle is also ideal for crowded trading room floors and offices when multiple users are situated around one display. In addition to features and performance, both the new MultiSync FX and FXp displays deliver Intelligent Power Management (IPM), which draws just 40 watts during use, and AmbiBright technology, which automatically adjusts the display backlight depending on the brightness of ambient lighting conditions. This means when office lights are shut off and the ambient light falls below a predetermined value, the monitor immediately enters power-saving mode, significantly reducing energy expenses.
NEC MultiSync LCD displays - Features
NEC also offers NaViSet Administrator, which allows IT professionals to do remote diagnostics and maintenance of networked displays. The NEC MultiSync models include:
- AmbiBright, which automatically adjusts the display's brightness for varying ambient lighting, thereby delivering optimal viewing enjoyment and energy conservation
- Ambix dual-input technology, which allows for digital/analog compatibility with upgraded video cards and software as well as connection to two systems
- Rapid Response technology (8 ms), which delivers virtually uninterrupted, undistorted viewing of high-speed, full-motion video
- 8-bit LUT, which allows more levels of shading between black and white
- RoHS (Restriction on Hazardous Substances) & WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Compliant - The Professional series complies with these e-waste standards, ensuring easier, more environmentally friendly product transitions
- Eco-Mode - Users can dim the back light, with setting presets, by as much as 75 percent for power conservation, enabling greater product life
- Ultra-Thin Bezel - A bezel width as thin as 6.9 mm on some models makes them ideal for multiple-monitor configurations, including tiling installations
- Increased Height Adjustment - With a range of 150 mm, the Professional series can be easily raised to the needs of any user
- Enhanced Cable Management, which helps prevent unattractive, space-consuming wire clutters
- NaViSet Software, which offers an expanded and intuitive graphical interface, allowing easier OSM display-setting adjustments via mouse and keyboard
- XtraView+ Technology, provides the widest viewing angles available - as much as 178 degrees
- CableComp - Long cable compensation for greater location flexibility and lower installation costs
- Quick-release Stand, which enables easy mounting on third-party arms or wall mounts
NEC MultiSync LCD display - Availability
The new NEC MultiSync LCD1990FX and the LCD1990FXp displays are RoHS compliant, containing fully disposable plastics, and are free of hazardous materials such as lead, hex-chrome, cadmium, mercury, PBDE and PBB. The NEC MultiSync LCD1990FX display is available for immediate shipment. The MultiSync LCD1990FXp is scheduled for a mid-August delivery.
About NEC Display Solutions of America
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading provider of innovative LCD displays and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for the consumer, enterprise, professional, medical and digital signage markets. NEC Display Solutions ranked as the #1 stand-alone LCD monitor provider in the U.S. in the commercial market for CY2005, according to NPD, and as the #1 best-selling large-screen commercial LCD monitor provider worldwide for all of CY2005, according to DisplaySearch.