Ilse Jurriën : June 11th 2006 - 12:03 CET
|Sony 135mm f2.8 STF Telephoto lens
Sony 135mm f2.8 STF Telephoto lens : The Sony 135mm f/2.8 STF Telephoto lens is a unique telephoto lens for smooth, natural focus effects in foreground and background. The Sony 135mm f/2.8 (T4.5) STF Telephoto lens is an advanced STF (Smooth Transition Focus) telephoto lens incorporates an apodization optical element that distributes light rays to create smooth, aesthetically pleasing out-of-focus backgrounds that make sharp-focus subjects stand out more vividly. Mounted on the Sony DSLR-A100 camera, this lens provides a 200mm focal length (35mm equivalent). Create smooth, aesthetically pleasing out-of-focus backgrounds that make sharp-focus subjects stand out more vividly with the Sony SAL-135F28 special purpose lens.|
Sony Alpha 100 - Digital system camera|
The Sony Alpha A100 camera is an instant classic: the top-quality 10 Megapixel DSLR system camera that builds on a two-decade legacy of Minolta photographic leadership, accepts 20 years of A-mount lenses sold worldwide, and introduces Sony imaging innovations like high-sensitivity shooting with Super SteadyShot in-camera image stabilization, Dynamic Range Optimizer to automatically increase detail in bright and dark picture areas, new Anti-Dust technology to keep the CCD imager clean for better pictures, and Eye-Start Auto focus system for faster camera response.
Sony 135mm STF Telephoto - Focus
While subjects remain in sharp focus, out-of-focus backgrounds or foregrounds are blurred smoothly and evenly with gradation that thickens toward the edges of the frame for a pleasing aesthetic effect. After light passes through the apodization element, the lens aperture of f2.8 yields a T (transmissive brightness) equivalent of 4.5; a manual aperture ring can adjust T setting from 4.5 to 6.7.
Sony 135mm f2.8 STF lens - Availability
The dedicated manual focusing system is controlled by a wide focus ring that’s comfortable to hold and gives you a solid, hands-on feel for pinpoint focusing of your subject. Because aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect. The Sony 135mm f/2.8 (T4.5) STF Telephoto SAL-135F28 lens can be preordered on September 8th, 2006.
Sony 135mm f/2.8 (T4.5) STF Telephoto specifications
• 135mm f/2.8 (T4.5) STF Telephoto Lens
• Smooth Transmission Focus system for pleasing effect
• Apodization Lens Element smoothes out-of-focus areas
• Subjects stand out vividly against smooth, even backgrounds
• Manual aperture ring adjusts from T 4.5 to T 6.7
• Manual focusing with comfortable wide focus ring
• Circular Aperture gives spot-light sources a circular shape
• Focal Length - 35mm Equivalent: 135 mm
• Focal Length - APS: 202.5 mm
• Angle of View - 35mm Equivalent: 18ﾟ
• Angle of View - APS: 12ﾟ
• Min Focus Distance: 2.85 ft (87 cm)
• Aperture - Maximum: f2.8 (T=4.5)
• Aperture - Minimum: f31 (T=f32)
• Maximum Magnification: 0.25X
• Lens Construction: 6 elements in 8 groups with 9 aperture blades
• Filter Diameter: 72 mm
• Dimensions: 3-1/8 x 3-7/8” (80 x 99 mm)
• Weight: 1 lb 9-3/4 oz (730 g)
• Supplied Accessories: Front and rear lens cap, SH0014 lens hood
About Sony Group
The Sony Group is primarily focused on the Electronics (such as AV/IT products & components), Game (such as PlayStation), Entertainment (such as motion pictures and music), and Financial Services (such as insurance and banking) sectors. Not only do we represent a wide range of businesses, but we remain globally unique. Our aim is to fully leverage this uniqueness in aggressively carrying out our convergence strategy so that we can continue to emotionally touch and excite our customers.