Mark Peters : February 20th 2017 - 20:50 CET
Exclusive analyst and insights presentations at MWC
Hot topics at the 2017 Mobile World Congress : 5G Use Cases, Autonomous Vehicles, and IoT to star at Mobile World Congress 2017. Strategy Analytics Experts Discuss Next Generation Networks, Connected Car, Smart Home, and Virtual Reality Futures. 5G technology and Autonomous Vehicles will be among the hottest segments at MWC 2017 with honorable mentions to smart cities, AI, and Robotics. Strategy Analytics experts will be on hand covering the MWC event in Barcelona. They will provide insights separating hype from reality and differentiating incremental improvements to true innovation across devices, networks, and platforms. In addition to moderating and participating in several panels during the congress, Strategy Analytics will host the following exclusive analyst insights presentations at the Fira Barcelona.|
Tsunami of Internet of Things agreements
David Kerr, a Senior Vice President at Strategy Analytics, commented "With over 2000 exhibitors and thousands of product and service announcements, the words best in class, first and unique may well be exhausted over the four days of the congress! However, we do expect significant advances in service provider and solutions vendor offerings around 5G, network slicing, virtualization, and digital transformation." Kerr added, "We anticipate a tsunami of IoT agreements and partnerships in advance of significant business and consumer spending in the segment."
- Date en time: Tuesday 28 February - Time: 9:45 - 10:45
- Joseph Branca Senior Industry Analyst
• Global Smart Home Outlook for 2017
• What Consumers will Pay For… and How Much
• Carrier Opportunities: Focus on Western Europe and the US
• The Competitive Landscape: Where Carriers Can Win
• Smart Home Business Models: What Works…What Doesn’t
• Implications and Recommendations
Connected and Automated Vehicle
- Date en time: Tuesday 28 February - Time: 8:30 - 9:15
- Ian Riches Director for the Automotive Electronics service
• Examining Failure: Why are so few cars currently connected?
• Analyzing Growth: What’s driving the connected car revolution?
• Automated Driving: Game changer or side show?
• Hype or Happening? What’s a realistic outlook for deployment?
• Will anybody want to own a car anymore?
• How is automated driving re-shaping the automotive value chain?
• Where do the opportunities lie for the wireless ecosystem?
• Summary and Recommendations
Internet of Things & 5G technology
- Date en time: Wednesday 1 March - Time: 8:30 - 9:30
- Phil Kendall Director Wireless Operator Strategies service
- Andrew Brown Executive Director Enterprise and IoT research
• Can IOT Fund the 5G Business Case?
• Operator Plans for 5G
• How Far Can LTE Advanced Pro Go in Delivering 5G Service Features?
• IoT: New Battleground for Enterprise vendors. Co-petition is rife!
• Hot and Cold Vertical Industries for Internet of Things
Smartphones & Virtual Reality
- Date en time: Wednesday 1 March - Time: 10:00 - 10:55
- Linda Sui Director of Wireless Smartphone Strategies
- David MacQueen Director for Strategy Analytics Wireless Media Strategies
• Global 4G Smartphone Outlook for 2017
• OEM Marketshare Wars: Can Samsung Recover from Note 7?
• Smartphone Shipments by Country by Model (e.g. USA, India)
• Global Virtual Reality Headset Forecasts by Type
• Strategies for success in VR and AR
• Summary & Recommendations
Secondhand and Refurbished Smartphones
- Date en time: Wednesday 1 March - Time: 13:00
- Phil Kendall Director of the Wireless Operator Strategies service
- Stuart Robinson Director Handset Component Technologies
- Ville-Petteri Ukonaho Senior Analyst Global Wireless Practice
• Impact of device payment plans and trade-in programs on operator subsidies and finances
• Growing role of instalment & lease plans in leading markets
• The role of trade-in programs in customer acquisition and retention
• Benefits and challenges to operators from refurbished smartphones
• Examples of world-class trade-in programs
• Analysis of global refurbished pricing, what trends are emerging?
• Why price prediction is so critical
• How PriceTRAX can be used to forecast future secondhand and trade-in prices
• Refurbished smartphone growth forecast
• Understanding which segments of the refurbished smartphone market will drive growth
• Benefits and Challenges to OEMs from refurbished smartphones