Sony Xperia C3 Ilse Jurriën : July 10th 2014 - 21:50 CET
Sony Xperia C3 smartphone : Sony Mobile introduces Xperia C3, the ultimate new smartphone for selfies and social sharing thanks to Sony’s leading digital imaging technology and interactive camera apps. The Sony Xperia C3 produces perfect selfies wherever, whenever with a 5 MP wide-angle front camera that allows you to capture more in the frame. With a unique soft flash, you can take flattering photos day or night by simply double tapping the back cover or using Smile Shutter, which you can then share with friends in three clicks. The Superior Auto mode and the Auto Scene Recognition function, which works together with HDR and LED flash, make sure you can capture the best selfies and selfie videos in any light.
Sony Xperia C3 ideal smartphone for selfies
To enhance your pictures further, the Xperia C3 comes loaded with selfie camera apps. AR effect incorporates themes that let you easily add fun graphics and animations - like pirate hats, horror faces and laser eyes - to your selfies and selfie videos. Portrait Retouch is another innovative app that allows you to have a real-time makeover of up to two people from a combination of choices from 10 different beauty styles, 10 DECO frame options and magic beam for 6 eye reflection pattern changes. All these features allow you to elevate your images to a new level, to impress your friends via your favourite social media channels.
Sony Xperia C3 phone features
Created with Cyber-shot leading camera expertise, the Xperia C3’s impressive 8MP main camera (25mm with 80 degree field of view), featuring an Exmor RS for mobile image sensor, captures perfect pictures even in challenging lighting conditions. With SteadyShot all of your videos will come out smooth and distortion-free. The front camera also makes video calls with Xperia C3 crispy clear, with exceptional image quality on the large 5.5” HD display over ultra-fast 4G/LTE connection. The Sony Xperia C3 supports super-fast 4G/LTE networks with up to 150 Mbps for downloading and 50 Mbps for uploading, allowing you to share every highlight of your day, anytime and anywhere. Powered by an efficient Snapdragon Quad-core 1.2 Ghz processor and with 1GB RAM and 8GB Flash memory, Xperia C3 enables ultra-fast performance with breath-taking graphics.
Sony Xperia C3 camera apps
Xperia C3 comes loaded with innovative camera apps - developed to enhance your mobile experience with social - and fun ways to create and share:
• Superior Auto - on both main and front cameras.From illuminated night views to backlit selfies, Superior Auto recognises four scene types on C3’s front camera and up to 36 scenes by the main camera and adjusts the settings automatically, to help you get the best photos anywhere, in any light. As the default camera mode, Superior Auto turns HDR on or off depending on your scene. HDR mode takes multiple shots with varied exposures and then merges them together to make your photos look natural - even in backlit condition.
• Portrait retouch v.2 - style your close-ups in real time. Portrait Retouch makes sure you’re captured looking your best with features including real-time makeover, DECO frame options and magic eye beam (light reflection) effects. Portrait Retouch offers a choice of 10 different beauty styles - including four natural looks for the guys - and the ability to retouch portraits of up to two people per image. You can see changes in real time, before capturing the shot to ensure a photogenic finish.
• Timeshift-burst - always get the best picture. Timeshift-burst captures 31 frames in just 2 seconds - starting even before you press the shutter. Consumers can then scroll back and forth amongst the 31 frames to select the perfect image, or even keep them all.
• Picture effects - create the best picture. Apply a wide selection of creative effects to your photos and change colours, add image trails or apply mirror effects. These adjustments enhance your images and open up a world of possibilities.
• Movie Creator - create videos to be proud of. The new movie creator application allows you to trim and crop your videos so that you can easily edit what you want to share. Insert dramatic slowdown effects at one or more places on the timeline of the video so that you can preview your movie before you save and share.
• Social live - broadcast your precious moments live. Social live lets you broadcast every moment as it happens live via Facebook. Get your friend’s response right on the screen and keep the conversation going, all in real-time, and go beyond social sharing as you know it.
• Sweep Panorama - Take a panoramic photo by just sweeping the camera.
• Vine - Create and share beautiful looping videos. Share six-second videos with friends and your social networks with this simple and exciting app.
Lightweight and slim Sony Xperia C3
At just 7.6 mm and a mere 150g, this slim and sleek smartphone is perfect for people on the go. Built with leading Sony technology the Xperia C3 has a stunning screen that offers an unrivalled experience. Its large, beautiful 5.5” HD IPS display optimised with BRAVIA technology that offers great viewing from any angle. The Sony Xperia C3 features an easy-toggle keyboard for one-handed input. In addition, its Simple Home mode offers a simplified home screen with larger fonts and loaded with the most used apps and speed dial features. The Sony Xperia C3 provides extensive usage to ensure you get the most out of your smartphone whilst on the move. On top of this, Battery STAMINA Mode 3.0 saves you wasted battery drain by recognising when you’re not using your display and automatically turning off the functions you don’t need, while keeping the notifications you want.
Sony Xperia C3 Dual SIM
Sony’s latest generation of dual-SIM technology allows users to set up both SIM cards independently with custom ring tones and easily choose between SIMs before making calls or sending texts, whilst Sony’s dual SIM management technology means that users can keep both SIMs active and never miss a call, even when talking on one of them.
Sony Xperia C3 price & availability
Sony Xperia C3 will be available in black, white and for something a bit special, mint, and will launch globally from August 2014 starting with China as the first launch market. The retail price will be announced prior to the launch date.