Ilse Jurriën : September 20th 2012 - 13:30 CET
Hasselblad Lunar system camera : Hasselblad has announced a revolutionary plan to market a state-of-the-art, Italian-designed 'ultimate luxury' mirrorless, interchangeable lens camera early next year. The Hasselblad Lunar is a celebration of the passion that the company's founder Victor Hasselblad had for photography. The Hasselblad Lunar has been developed in a traditional way, using handmade wooden prototypes to ensure superior ergonomics and functionality. The new Hasselblad system camera is designed for both serious photographers and enthusiasts who aspire to shooting with a Hasselblad. |
Hasselblad Lunar camera body
The Hasselblad Lunar, which can be used in fully automatic or fully manual mode, has been designed to be easy to use and versatile but with all the advanced technology employed in top DSLRs. For the first time the market now has a camera embracing traditional Hasselblad state-of-the-art image capture combined with stunning Italian design features. For the first time ever Hasselblad uses carbon fiber, titanium, wood, leather and precious metals - including gold. The camera grip of the new Hasselblad Lunar system camera offers unparalleled ergonomics and has been developed to embrace both compact E-mount and the larger professional A-mount lenses from Sony.
Hasselblad Lunar features
• DSLR-like performance thanks to the highest technology APS-C 24.3 MP sensor with 25AF points focusing matched to an Ultra fast Processor with real time image process ing and accurate RAW to JPEG translation.
• Accurate composition for both still and video in any light conditions thanks to the Ultra-bright 3" high definition display and revolutionary OLED viewfinder that guarantees superior contrast and ultra fast response.
• One-touch instant full HD video recording to shoot in Auto or fully manual mode. Focus and exposition control plus the connection for an external microphone and the option to use larger A-mount lenses for professional video creation.
• Instant shutter response (0.02 second release time lag) ten frames per second and an extremely Wide ISO 100 -16000 range.
• The camera software includes an exceptionally comprehensive set of creative styles, picture effects, scene selections and the smart "intelligent face registration" making the shooting experience even more fun.
• Auto HD, DRO and Anti-motion blur mode.
• An Innovative TriNavi system for DSLR-like tuning, two flash options and Anti dust system complete the Lunar state-of-the-art package.
• Added Dr. Hansen: "This new model is the result of meticulous engineering research, culminating in the creation of an unprecedented camera which underpins the Hasselblad mission to pioneer and produce supreme quality across all our products."
Hasselblad Lunar price & availability
The Hasselblad Lunar, which is set for launch in the first quarter of 2013, will carry a suggested retail price of €5.000 Euros and will be available in a choice of standard models plus a variety of exclusive hand grips and precious materials on special order.
Luxury Hasselblad Lunar system camera with leather grip