|Pentax K-5 IIs|
Ilse Jurriën : September 11th 2012 - 11:30 CET
Pentax K-5 IIs SLR camera : Pentax Ricoh announce the introduction of its Pentax K-5 IIs flagship digital SLR camera, designed to advance the company’s well-received K-5 camera, which launched in October 2010. This new dustproof, weather-resistant and cold-resistant SLR camera includes a newly developed SAFOX X AF sensor that delivers the broadest autofocusing EV range (-3 EV to +18 EV) in its class. In addition, the Pentax K-5 IIs is offered without an anti-aliasing filter, making it the perfect solution for photographers who practice commercial and studio photography where camera settings, lens selection, lighting, and other shooting conditions are controlled. |
Pentax K-5 IIs lacks an anti-aliasing filter
The Pentax K-5 IIs is offered without an anti-aliasing filter, which is commonly found in many DSLRs to smooth computer generated imagery by decreasing high frequencies and distortion, but adversely reduces detail resolution. Without this filter, the Pentax K5 IIs creates deeply rich, detailed imagery at supreme resolution levels.
Pentax K-5 IIs body
The exterior casing of the Pentax K-5 IIs is made of sturdy and lightweight magnesium alloy, while its chassis is made of highly rigid stainless steel. With 77 special seals in its body, the new and professional Pentax K5 IIs camera offers a dustproof, weather-resistant and cold-resistant construction, assuring reliable operation at temperatures as low as 14°F (-10°C). The Pentax K-5 IIs also features a dependable shutter unit for a top shutter speed of 1/8000 per second, and the ability to withstand as many as 100,000 shutter releases.
Pentax K-5 IIs digital SLR camera
“The new Pentax K-5 IIs delivers an extensive range of photographic possibilities for the resolution-conscious photographer in all of us. As a successor to our popular K-5 camera, the new Pentax digital SLR camera offers upgraded features designed to produce superb image quality, including the new AF sensor which is especially useful for photographers working in low light conditions,” said John Carlson, Sr. Manager of Sales and Marketing, Pentax.
Pentax K-5 IIs camera features
• Electronic Level function, with a vertical level scale
• Automatic compensation of distortion and lateral chromatic aberration
• CTE mode, automatically adjusts the white balance to emphasize dominant colors
• DR II mechanism, to effectively shake dust off the CMOS image sensor using ultrasonic vibration
• Hyper Control system, to swiftly respond to the photographer’s creative intentions
• Dynamic range expansion function, to compensate overexposed and underexposed areas
• RAW data retrieve function to save the original RAW data of a just-recorded JPEG format image
• RAW/Fx button, for single-action switching of image file format
• A choice of three grid patterns while in Live View mode, including “Golden Section”
• Long battery life, for recording of approximately 980 images with a full recharge
Pentax K-5 IIs price & availability
The new Pentax K-5 IIs will be available at retail outlets nationwide and online in October 2012 with a suggested retail price of $1,300 for body only.
Pentax K-5 IIs review
As soon as we receive a Pentax K-5 IIs test sample, we will publish a sample photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Pentax K-5 IIs review.