Ralf Jurrien : September 3th 2012 - 08:30 CET
Motorola Photon Q 4G
Motorola Photon Q 4G from Sprint : Sprint, the only national wireless carrier offering truly unlimited data for all phones while on the Sprint network, and Motorola Mobility announce Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE, the next generation of last summer’s popular Motorola Photon 4G. The new smartphone will boast a five-row, PC-like Qwerty keyboard, international capabilities and a generous 4.3-inch ColorBoost display, as well as the ability to operate on Sprint’s new lightning-fast 4G LTE network. The Motorola Photon Q is the seventh smartphone in the Sprint line-up to receive ULE Platinum Certification, the highest level of environmental performance recognized by sustainable requirements established by UL Environment and Sprint. |
Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE
“Motorola Photon Q will be the first 4G LTE smartphone with a Qwerty keyboard and world phone capabilities to join the Sprint line-up,” said David Owens, vice president - Product Development, Sprint. “We want to make sure our 4G LTE handset portfolio has the full complement of choices for our customers. Adding a product with both a physical keyboard and world mode makes this a great addition to the Sprint family of devices. This is a dynamic smartphone that customers will really enjoy using and we are pleased to have Motorola as part of our 4G LTE device portfolio.”
Largest smartphone screen available
Offering an impressive 4.3-inch ColorBoost display, Motorola Photon Q offers the largest smartphone screen available on a 4G LTE Qwerty smartphone. This makes it easy to browse the Web using Google Chrome without enlarging text, look at detail-rich pictures without having to zoom in, and watch a show without straining your eyes. Motorola’s exclusive ColorBoost display enables colors to be richer and more vibrant than other smartphones on the market. And with scratch-resistant glass and splash-guard coating, Motorola Photon Q resists everyday scratches and spills.
Motorola Photon Q specifications
• Sprint’s first 4G LTE smartphone with International roaming GSM and Qwerty keyboard.
• Corporate (MS Exchange ActiveSync) and personal (POP & IMAP) email access.
• NFC support to share links, apps, YouTube clips and more with Android Beam.
• Five-row, slide-out Qwerty keyboard with large 4.3-inch ColorBoost display.
• 3G/4G LTE Mobile Hotspot capability for up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices.
• Messaging - personal and business email, Google Talk instant message.
• 1.5 GHz dual-core processor for quick downloads and app performance.
• Built with Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich.
• UL Environment (ULE) Platinum Certified.
• GPS navigation enabled.
• Enterprise Security.
• Sprint ID.
Motorola Photon Q features
• Dual cameras - 8MP rear-facing camera and a front-facing HD camera
• 8GB of on board memory, support for up to 32GB SD Card
• 1080P HD video capture and playback
• Bluetooth 4.0 w/ EDR
• Google Play
• Wi-Fi b/g/n
Motorola Photon Q 4G smartphone
Motorola Photon Q smartphone equips customers with the best of both worlds to communicate - a virtual keyboard for quick texts and a slide out PC-like Qwerty keyboard for double-thumb efficiency. Each laser-cut key is outlined in LED lights so users can see what they’re doing, even in the dark. It also has a dedicated number row for maximum typing efficiency and accuracy. “When we talk to people who love their Qwerty smartphones, it’s evident this segment is passionate about their keyboards,” said Mark Shockley, senior vice president, Go-to-Market, Motorola Mobility. “Motorola Photon Q offers a class-leading keyboard and an amazing big screen so you can see and do more with your smartphone.”