|Nikon D800 underwater housing|
Ralf Jurrien : August 24th 2012 - 10:40 CET
Nikon D800 MDX underwater housing : The new Nikon D800 underwater housing is compatible with both the VF180 1.2x and VF45 1.2x viewfinders. By attaching the VF180 or the VF45 prism viewfinders (magnification ratio of 1.2x) to the D800 underwater housing, the magnification increases by 1.2x and entire field of view can be seen at the same time. The unique design makes the Nikon D800 MDX underwater housing one of the most ergonomically designed housing on the market today. With both hands on the grips, further improved ergonomic design provides access to such controls as the main command dial and the sub-command dial the both of which are necessary for manual photography not to mention controls for video function.|
Nikon D800 underwater housing
By connecting the Fiber-optic cable (L-type) to the socket, the light of the Nikon D800 digital camera's built-in flash is detected and connected to an external strobe. Every detail of the Nikon D800 underwater housing is precision-machined from a solid aluminum-alloy block to achieve a high-quality texture and design, the colored anodization strengthens the housing's corrosion resistance and abrasion resistance. All edges have been polished carefully for safety.
Nikon D800 digital SLR camera
The Nikon D800 offers an effective pixel count of 36.3-million pixels, and is equipped with the new Expeed 3 image-processing engine. This new image-processing engine of the Nikon D800 is faster and offers greater performance. The Nikon D800 is equipped with a new 91K-pixel (approximately 91,000 pixels) RGB sensor. When a human face is detected in the frame, 3D Color Matrix Metering III bases exposure control on the brightness of that face so that the face is optimally exposed even with backlighting. The Nikon D800 responds to the demands of professional photographers with a standard sensitivity range of ISO 100-6400. Recording of 1920 x 1080p/30-fps Full-HD movies is supported, and users can choose to record using the FX-based movie format or the DX-based movie format according to recording conditions.
Nikon D800 underwater features
Almost all functions of the Nikon D800 and D800E can be operated underwater (the Fn button located on the front of the camera is not supported).
• Comes with an optical viewfinder 0.5x as standard.
• The Nikon D800 camera's built-in flash can be activated or disabled from the housing
• The quick shoe makes the camera easy to install and remove from the housing
• The housing buttons are angled for ease of use and enhanced functionality
• Equipped with a tripod socket in the center of the bottom of the main body
• Depth rating of 100m/330ft makes the housing ideal for tech diving
• Equipped with an accessory port for HDMI output
• Every button equipped with a luminous sticker
• An optional leak sensor is available (#46115).
Nikon D800 MDX underwater housing specifications
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 349 x 210 x 141mm / 14.0 x 8.4 x 5.6 inches
• Body: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)
• Grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy.
• Weight: Approx. 2,800g / 98.7oz.
• Depth rating: 100m/330ft.
Nikon D800 accessories
• Optional YS Converter
• N 5-pin Connector