Ilse Jurriën : May 23th 2012 - 12:00 CET
Pentax K-30 waterproof SLR camera : Pentax Ricoh Imaging announce the introduction of its new weather and dust resistant digital SLR camera - the Pentax K-30. Ideal for photographers with active outdoor lifestyles, the new Pentax K-30 combines a compact, lightweight body with many advanced features found only in higher end DSLR camera models, such as a weather, dust and cold resistant body, a glass prism optical finder with 100% field of view, state-of-the-art autofocusing, and full HD video recording capabilities. The exterior of the Pentax K-30 has been designed to be both sporty and functional for active outdoor photographers - a large grip provides a firm, secure hold of the camera; a low-profile pentaprism housing for reduced height; and a rounded, soft-rubber casing for a solid grip of the camera during vertical shooting.|
Weather resistant Pentax K-30 DSLR
“No detail was overlooked when designing the dynamic new Pentax K-30 to be weather resistant,” explains John Carlson, Sr. Manager of Sales and Marketing, Pentax. “Every seam, every button, every hinge has been weather sealed for adventure-proof creative photography. Whether enjoying outdoor activities such as hiking in the Rocky Mountains or on vacation cruising along on the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls, photographers can stop worrying about weather conditions and start focusing on capturing the perfect shot.”
Pentax K-30 camera functions
In addition to its versatile weather-proof capabilities, the new Pentax K-30 offers features including high-speed burst shooting at a maximum speed of six images per second, a high-speed shutter unit with a top speed of 1/6000 second, and convenient dual electronic dials for quick, fingertip access to exposure control and several Auto Picture and scene modes. Coupled with an ergonomic grip that provides firm, comfortable control of the camera, and a sporty, functional design, the Pentax K-30 assures dependable, flawless performance in the field.
Additional Pentax K30 features
• Large, wide angle viewable 3-inch LCD monitor with approximately 921,000 dots of resolution
• 77 segment multi-pattern metering system for accurate light measurement
• DR (Dust Removal) mechanism to shake dust off from the surface of the CMOS image sensor
• Pentax-designed Hyper control system to assure fast and flexible response to the photographer’s creative intentions
• Dynamic range expansion function to compensate for blown out (overexposed) and muddy (underexposed) areas of an image
• Retrieve and save RAW data from buffer memory for a just-recorded JPEG image
• RAW/Fx multi-function button for on-the-fly switching of image file formats, as well as for assignment and instant recall of other specific functions
• SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0 for Pentax (RAW processing engine developed by Ichikawa Soft Laboratory) included
Pentax K-30 camera colors & lenses
The new Pentax K-30 is available in three body colors: Crystal White and Crystal Blue, with brilliant, glossy finishes reminiscent of the finish of an exclusive sports car; and Black, for a traditional SLR look. The new Pentax K30 is also compatible with all Pentax K-mount lenses. To learn more about this new SLR camera, download the Pentax K-30 specification sheet.
Pentax K-30 price & availability
The new Pentax K-30 will be available at retail outlets nationwide and online in July 2012 with a suggested retail price of $850 for body only, and $900 for the kit including the Pentax DA L 18-55mm zoom lens.
Pentax K-30 review
As soon as we receive a Pentax K-30 test sample, we will publish a sample photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Pentax K-30 review.