|New smartphones from NTT Docomo|
Ilse Jurriën : May 16th 2012 - 10:00 CET
Smartphones from NTT Docomo : NTT Docomo announce its 2012 summer line-up of 19 models for launch in and after June, including 16 smartphones, a tablet and a mobile phone for children as well as a mobile Wi-Fi router, many of which will be compatible with Docomo’s Xi (read “Crossy”) LTE mobile service. NTT Docomo’s new smartphones and tablet line-up, which covers an exceptionally broad range of specifications, is designed to satisfy diverse needs at a time when smart devices are becoming an increasingly essential and ubiquitous part of daily life. NTT Docomo also has launched a number of initiatives for enhanced security and customer support to ensure that all smartphone and tablet models in the summer 2012 lineup can be used with peace of mind.|
New smartphones from NTT Docomo
For the first time, for example, the Raku-Raku PHONE series of simplified models offers a touch-screen smartphone that mimics the sensation of pressing actual keys. Users less experienced in touch screen operations are expected to welcome the familiar feel of this new smartphone in NTT Docomo’s series of easy-to-see, easy-to-hear and easy-to-use mobile devices. Also for the first time, users of this new smartphone may subscribe to the “Raku-Raku Pake-hodai” flat-rate packet service.
NTT Docomo smartphone features
• All models run on Android 4.0.
• All eight “NEXT” series smartphones, three “with” series smartphones and the lineup’s slim, stylish W-Fi router are compatible with Docomo’s Xi LTE service for extra-fast access.
• Most of the devices are compatible with the updated docomo Anshin Scan service, which features a new alarm system warning users about fraudulent sites for extra-safe browsing, in addition to its existing virus scan feature.
• All models are expected to be compatible with Smartphone Anshin Remote Support, a call center that can send easy-to-follow prompts to the user’s screen to show them how to set up and operate their devices.
• Most models can access Sumaho Onayami Support Menu, a portal of handy, flowchart-style resources for smartphone troubleshooting, fun tips about device usage, terminology and introductions to useful content.
• Potent processing power, including one model with a quad-core CPU and 12 models with dual-core CPUs for enjoying rich applications and high-resolution videos and games on the high-speed Xi network.
• Smartphone sizes to suit all needs, from smaller models that fit snugly in one’s palm to large 5-inch screens for easy viewing of e-books and similar content.
• Four smartphones and the tablet are compatible with NOTTV, a V-high broadcasting service.
• Two collaboration smartphones, one featuring the fashion brand ANTEPRIMA and the other the manga comic series JOJO, with exclusive content preinstalled.
• Many models offer highly in-demand features such as water resistance, NFC, infrared communications and One-Seg terrestrial digital broadcasting.
• Six models are expected to feature the preinstalled “Twonky Beam” app, which allows users to enjoy recorded digital terrestrial contents and others on their smartphones, as well as wirelessly transmitting browsed content such as videos, images or music to large-screen televisions or audio systems.
New NTT Docomo devices