|Samsung Galaxy Note App Challenge|
Mark Peters : April 24th 2012 - 10:35 CET
Samsung Galaxy Note App Challenge : Samsung Mobile, the number one mobile phone provider in the United States, announced the winners of the Samsung Galaxy Note S Pen App Challenge. “The goal of the Samsung Galaxy Note App Challenge was to tap the S Pen’s unlimited potential for content creation engagement with the ingenuity of the Android app developer community,” said Dale Sohn, president of Samsung Mobile. “The results exceeded our expectations, both in terms of quantity and quality. This App challenge is just one example of our constant expansion of the S Pen integrated apps ecosystem.” |
Samsung Galaxy Note App Challenge
Contest entries were judged by a five-member panel of representatives from Android Central.com, AT&T, BlueRun Ventures, Gameloft and Samsung Mobile. The judges evaluated the Samsung Galaxy Note apps based on the quality of the idea, S Pen integration and overall user experience. The Samsung Galaxy Note App challenge included a “Popular Choice” category, which invited the public to vote on submissions online.
Best Overall App - Grand Prize - $100,000
• “Monkey Write * Learn Chinese” by Chiu-ki Chan (Square Island LLC): Learn to write Chinese with Monkey Write - a mobile game that makes it fun to learn. Chinese characters are written in a specific order to give them structure. Follow the stroke numbers to learn to write each character.
Best Overall App - Second Prize - $50,000
• “Maze Racer” by Roger Peters (Smarty Pants Gaming) and David McCanless: Maze Racer is a simple maze inspired game where you draw a line from start to finish. In Maze Racer, you get rewarded stars based on how quickly you reach the finish. Maze Racer is optimized for precision from the Samsung Galaxy Note S-Pen over traditional finger input.
Best Overall App - Third Prize - $25,000
• “Drawing Pad” by Christopher Lott and Daren Murtha (Murtha Design): Drawing Pad is a mobile art studio with a beautiful user interface that puts the fun into creating art. Drawing Pad provides realistic textured brushes with the pressure sensitivity data of the Samsung Galaxy Note S Pen.
Popular Choice - $2,000 and a Samsung Galaxy Note
• “SignDoc Mobile” by Softpro North America: Professionally capture user-handwritten signature using pressure sensitivity of the Samsung Galaxy Note S Pen.
Honorable Mention - $2,000 and a Samsung Galaxy Note
• Games - “Speed Draw” by Ferdouse Khaleque and Kabir Khaleque
• Productivity - “Papyrus” by Andrew Hughes (Steadfast Innovation)
• Media - “FlipaClip” by Visual Blasters team members Jonathan Meson and Tim Meson
• Sports - “Playcall” by Sargon Benjamin
• Entertainment - “Colors! For Galaxy Note” by Jens Andersson (Collecting Smiles)
• Travel - “Map Note” by Base 2 Applications, LLC
• Social - “Authorgraph” by Evan Jacobs (To the Reader, Inc)
• Lifestyle - “Makeup Paint” (Modiface Inc.)
• Education - “iAnatomy” by Anouk Stein, M.D.
• Other - “bConnected @ Ball State for the Samsung Galaxy Note” by Ball State University team members Kyle Parker, Valerie Morris, Ryan Bitzegaio, Brandon Smith, Ian Gibson and Brice Brenneman.