Ilse Jurriën : April 23th 2012 - 10:25 CET
Adobe Creative Suite 6 for students
Adobe Creative Suite 6 for students and teachers : Adobe Systems Incorporated announces Adobe Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition, and Adobe Creative Suite 6 Student and Teacher Edition for institutions, educators and students. The new release and supporting educational resources help K-12 and higher education institutions enhance teaching and learning, and better prepare students for their future careers. “We are now in the era of the ‘3Cs’ - creativity, communication and collaboration - driven by how digital media is revolutionizing teaching and learning,” said Jon Perera, vice president of worldwide education, Adobe. “Adobe Creative Cloud and CS6 applications make it easier for educators to create and deliver stunning digital education content across devices, cloud, and social platforms.” |
Adobe Creative Suite 6
In addition to 14 new Adobe CS6 point products and four Creative Suite editions, Adobe is now delivering its first cloud offering for students and educators. Adobe Creative Cloud is a hub where students and educators can explore, share and deliver creative content using any of the Adobe Creative Suite 6 desktop applications, as well as new tools for HTML5 such as Adobe Muse and Adobe Edge preview. By offering integration with Adobe Touch Apps, headlined by Photoshop Touch, Adobe Creative Cloud enables new mobile workflows, from ideation to publishing, that bring the power of Adobe innovation to the classroom via iPad and Android tablets.
Adobe Creative Cloud for students and teachers
More than 100 education institutions worldwide participated in the beta program for CS6 and Creative Cloud, including Lake City High School, The Academy of Art, Rochester Institute of Technology and Carnegie Mellon University. According to David Holzemer at Carnegie Mellon University e-learning and media design, “Adobe Creative Suite 6 software is a real game changer for us. The new Mercury Graphics Engine running at 64-bit will cut my production time in half and time is always critical for a very small staff serving such a large institution. Adobe Creative Suite 6 is invaluable to my e-learning team.”
Adobe Creative Suite 6 products
With new capabilities designed to help students across all disciplines create stunning digital content that stands out, Adobe Creative Suite 6 helps give students the ability to learn the skills needed in today’s competitive workforce:
• Gain digital content creation skills across video, animations, 3D and photos with major updates to Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Adobe After Effects CS6, and Adobe Audition CS6. With the new Adobe Photoshop CS6, students can express themselves by leveraging the powerful new 3D and video editing tools for media they have captured across multiple devices.
• Create on virtually any device with Adobe Creative Cloud Connection which enables the syncing, sharing and storing of files from Adobe Touch Apps for download and use with CS6 desktop products. For example, educators and students can work with a file in Adobe Photoshop Touch on iPad and use Adobe Creative Cloud to sync and share that file on the desktop for refinement using Photoshop CS6.
• Get noticed with multimedia-rich portfolios, websites and applications. Adobe InDesign CS6 extends its lead in digital publishing, streamlining the creation of multiple layouts from a single set of content, helping to deliver interactive campus publications for iPad, Kindle Fire and Android devices. Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 helps enable students to create high-impact school or personal websites.
New features of Adobe Creative Suite 6
The Adobe Creative Suite 6 release gives faculty and students the tools to visualize, understand, and communicate information in creative ways across print, Web, video, and mobile devices.
• Create digital education content ranging from digital storytelling for history and languages, gaming and animations for math, to data visualization in the sciences - all in a way that helps engage students and creates rich learning experiences. CS6 provides the features and flexibility to produce interactive presentations and explore the boundaries of creativity and critical thinking.
• Expand the delivery of education content with multi-screen publishing across multiple platforms and devices using HTML5 and the very latest standards for Web, mobile, e-books, and tablets.
• Help improve productivity and efficiency in the classroom with simplified workflows, speed and performance enhancements, and a new, more intuitive user interface across the CS6 product set.
• Empower educators with ISTE-aligned curricula with the release of three newly-updated, year-long, project based curricula for graphic design and print production, Web design and development, and video production. These curricula are available on the Adobe Education Exchange, along with resources from the education community.
• Certify industry-centric technical and communication skills with Adobe certifications. More than 300,000 students worldwide have been certified through the Adobe Certified Associate examination. With CS6, Adobe and CertiPort are offering new, updated curricula and certification for this major release. Educators and students can get certified for both entry-level skills as an Adobe Certified Associate (ACA), and professional-level skills as an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE).
Adobe Creative Suite 6 price & availability
Adobe Creative Suite 6 products and Adobe Creative Cloud are scheduled to be available within 30 days. The Student and Teacher Edition of Adobe Creative Cloud is available for $30 USD per month. Adobe is also offering a new Adobe K-12 Enterprise Agreement designed for the needs of school districts in the United States and Canada. Customers can purchase Creative Suite 6 via the Adobe website and through select retail and online stores.
Adobe CS6 Software Suite : Photoshop