Toshiba Excite Tablet Mark Peters : April 7th 2012 - 11:11 CET
Toshiba Excite 10 LE Android Tablet : Toshiba’s Digital Products Division announced that the Toshiba Excite tablet will be available for purchase from select U.S. retailers. The Toshiba Excite 10 LE is the world’s thinnest and lightest 10-inch Android tablet measuring just 0.3 inches (7.7mm) thin and weighing just 1.18 pounds (535g). The thin and light Toshiba Excite tablet features a high-resolution 10.1-inch diagonal AutoBrite display, delivering optimum browsing, reading and multimedia entertainment. Designed for durability and style, the Toshiba Excite tablet also features a magnesium alloy surface and scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass display with an anti-smudge coating for greater resiliency.
Toshiba Excite Tablet
The Toshiba tablet also comes with an array of connectivity interfaces and ports on board, including micro-USB and HDMI ports, a micro-SD memory card slot to share content and files with other electronic devices, plus Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. Stereo speakers with exclusive sound enhancements by Toshiba and SRS Labs deliver superior audio capabilities. Front and back HD digital cameras provide convenient photo capture, plus 1080p video recording and video chatting.
Toshiba Excite 10 LE features
Powered by the 1.2GHz Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 multi-core mobile processor and dual-channel memory, the Toshiba Excite 10 LE Android tablet offers smooth internet browsing and multitasking plus the performance for high definition video and entertainment. Extremely power efficient, the Toshiba Excite 10 LE tablet delivers up to 8 hours of battery life.
Toshiba Android tablet
The Toshiba Excite tablet features Android 3.2, Honeycomb, and will be upgraded to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich later this Spring. Also included is a full suite of familiar Google Mobile Service applications, including the Android App Market, YouTube video, Gmail, Google Maps, Music, Videos. Additionally, the Toshiba Android tablet comes pre-loaded with a mix of Toshiba software and third-party applications including Toshiba App place, Toshiba Book place, Toshiba Media player, Toshiba File manager as well Netflix and Zinio.
Toshiba Excite Specifications
• 10.1-inch LED Backlit widescreen
• Android 3.2 - upgradeable to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
• Corning Gorilla Glass display with IPS technology
• 1280 x 800 resolution with 16:10 aspect ratio
• Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 multicore processor
• 16GB and 32GB tablet configurations
• 2 Megapixel front-facing digital camera
• 5 Megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash
• Micro USB, Micro HDMI ports, Micro SD card slot
• Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
• Gyroscope, Accelerometer, GPS, eCompass & Ambient Light Sensor
• Stereo speakers with sound enhancements by Toshiba and SRS Labs
• Built-in 25 watt-hour rechargeable lithium ion battery
• 10.1” (W) x 6.9” (D) x 0.3” (H)
• 1.18 pounds (535g)
Toshiba Excite price & availability
The Toshiba Excite 10 LE Android Tablet carries a retail price of $530 USD for the 16GB version and $600 USD for the 32GB version. Toshiba will also offer a suite of Toshiba tablet accessories for the Excite 10 LE, including a docking station, multiple cases and more.