Sony CyberShot DSC-WX150 Ilse Jurriën : March 11th 2012 - 21:10 CET
Sony DSC-WX150 digital camera : Sony introduces a new line of slim CyberShot digital cameras, including the powerful DSC-WX150 zoom camera. The new Sony CyberShot DSC-WX150 is the world's thinnest 10x optical zoom digital camera, slimmer than any other 10x compact camera currently offered in market. The exceptionally thin design of the Sony DSC-WX150 is largely attributed to the new "Advanced Aspherical" lens element, which allows the lens unit to be drastically smaller than those in previous 10x zoom CyberShot cameras while still producing very highly detailed, accurate images. The Sony CyberShot DSC-WX150 camera will be available in silver, black, red and blue this May for approximately $250 USD / €190 Euro.
Sony CyberShot DSC-WX150
The new Sony DSC-WX150 camera features a 18.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor and an advanced BIONZ image processor, enhancing low-light performance, Auto Focus speeds, image stabilization and opening up various multi-shot capabilities including 10 fps burst mode, "Background Defocus" mode, 3D still photo shooting and more. The new Sony CyberShot WX150 has also been equipped with a "Dual Record" functionality for capturing high-resolution still photos while shooting video, and "Clear Image Zoom" digital zoom technology, which boosts optical zoom to 2x virtual capability (i.e. 10x optical zoom to 20x virtual zoom) at full camera resolution. The Sony CyberShot DSC-WX150 can also shoot Full HD video (at various resolutions) and offers "Picture Effect" options for creative photography.
Sony CyberShot WX150 features
• Effective 18.2 MP "Exmor R" CMOS sensor
• Lightning-fast AF speed of approximately 0.13 second in daylight
• Lightning-fast AF speed of approximately 0.20 seconds in low-light
• 3.0-inch 460k dot LCD screen
• 10x wide-angle optical zoom lens (25-250mm)
• 20x digital "Clear Image Zoom" at full resolution
• Newly developed "AA" lens element
• "Extra High Sensitivity" technology enhances low-light shooting
• Dual-Record captures 13 MP still photos while shooting video
• Full HD Movie Shooting capability (1920x1080/60i)
• Optical SteadyShot reduces hand shake during still and video shooting
• 9 total "Picture Effect" options for creative styled photographs
Sony DSC-WX150 price & availability
The new Sony CyberShot DSC-WX150 digital camera will be available at Sony retail stores and online as well as other authorized retailers throughout the Sony dealer network. The Sony DSC-WX150 camera will be available in silver, black, red and blue this May for approximately $250 USD / €190 Euro. Prices may vary from country to country.
Sony CyberShot DSC-WX150 review
As soon as we receive a Sony CyberShot WX150 test sample, we will publish a sample photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Sony CyberShot DSC-WX150 review.