Mark Peters : October 25th 2011 - 13:30 CET
Samsung Stratosphere Android Smartphone : Verizon Wireless and Samsung Mobile has launched the Samsung Stratosphere, a Galaxy S smartphone, and it's available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online via the Verizon Wireless website. The Samsung Stratosphere is the first 4G LTE smartphone from Verizon Wireless equipped with a five-row QWERTY keyboard and designed with Samsung’s 4-inch Super AMOLED display. Additionally, the Samsung Stratosphere supports enhanced B2B-enabled connectivity services from Cisco, the most comprehensive mobile implementation of Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) and support for secure remote device management from Sybase Afaria.|
Perfect for the business professional, the Samsung Stratosphere Android smartphone offers robust data management support. The Samsung Stratosphere will support Samsung’s Enterprise Platform enhancements such as VPN, encryption and Mobile Device Management (MDM). EAS includes features such as direct push, e-mail, calendar, contact sync and Global Address List (GAL), as well as EAS policies including storage card encryption, phone encryption, and simple and complex password support, all essential for streamlining business on the Samsung smartphone.
Samsung Stratosphere features
The Verizon Wireless smartphone features Android 2.3 Gingerbread with support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube video, Google Talk, Google Search, Google Maps and access to more than 250,000 android apps available to download from Android Market. The Samsung Stratosphere is equipped with a powerful 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor. The Samsung Stratosphere features a 1.3 megapixel front-facing digital camera for video-chat and a high quality 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus and strong flash. The Samsung Stratosphere features 720p HD video playback and 480p DVD video quality recording with multiple video file formats supported, including DivX and XviD.
Samsung Smartphone features
• 4G LTE Smartphone - customers can expect fast download speeds
• Mobile Hotspot Capability - share 4G connection with up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices
• AllShare - enables wireless connectivity through Digital Living Network Alliance
• Samsung Media Hub - Offering a vast line-up of critically acclaimed films and TV programs
• Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync - communicate directly with your Microsoft Exchange Server
• Support for Cisco AnyConnect 2.1 SSL VPN - supports access to private corporate networks
• Encryption Services - IT administrators can initiate a remote wipe command to erase private info
• Support for Sybase Afaria - MDM capabilities allow an integrated experience for the end user
• Bluetooth 3.0 technology - support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access
• Wi-Fi Connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
Samsung Stratosphere price & availability
The new Samsung Stratosphere is now available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at the Verizon Wireless internet shop for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted. Customers that purchase a Samsung Stratosphere Smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2GB of data.
Samsung Stratosphere review
As soon as we receive a Samsung Stratosphere test sample, we will publish a sample photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an in-depth Samsung Stratosphere review.