|Nikon V1 GPS unit|
Mark Peters : September 29th 2011 - 11:55 CET
Nikon GP-N100 GPS unit for Nikon V1 system camera : Besides the recently announced Nikon 1 camera system, the company also launched a range of interesting Nikon 1 accessories. The Nikon GP-N100 is a compact GPS unit for exclusive use with the Nikon V1 digital camera. Compact, and with a design that provides an integrated appearance with the Nikon V1, the Nikon GP-N100 GPS is also available in the same colours as the Nikon V1 camera (black and white). The Nikon GP-N100 GPS module is powered by the camera. The compact size and design integration make it fun and easy to use. The Nikon V1 GPS unit carries a retail price of $149.00 USD.|
Nikon V1 GPS unit
When the Nikon GP-N100 GPS unit is used, position information including latitude and longitude is recorded with photos. Collaboration with Nikon ViewNX 2, my Picturetown and online mapping services means that the position at which pictures were taken can be displayed on maps and photos with this information attached can be shared, further increasing the ways in which users enjoy images captured with the new Nikon V1 digital camera.
Nikon GP-N100 features
• Assisted GPS (A-GPS) supported
• Easy connection to the multi accessory port
• Power is supplied from the Nikon V1 camera
• Acquisition times cold start : Approx. 40 seconds
• GPS Hot start : Approx. 3 seconds
Nikon V1 GPS utility
In addition, A-GPS support enables faster positioning for smoother utilization of GPS functions. This method of determining position using supplementary information stored in a file supplied by network. When connected to a personal computer using its supplied USB cable, the Nikon GP-N100 GPS unit can use resources provided by Nikon servers to reduce the time needed to acquire GPS data.
Nikon GP-N100 specifications
• Update rate Once per second
• Data format NMEA 0183 version 3.1
• Geodesics WGS84
• GPS accuracy Horizontal : 10m/33 ft RMS
• Interfaces USB
• Operating temperature : 0°C - 40°C/32°F - 104°F
• Dimensions : 42.0 x 26.8 x 30.5mm / 1.7 x 1.1 x 1.2 inch.
• Weight : Approx. 21g / 0.7 oz
• Supports Assisted GPS (A-GPS or aGPS)
• Color variation Black & White