|Fujifilm FinePix X10|
Ilse Jurriën : September 1st 2011 - 17:35 CET
Fujifilm FinePix X10 digital camera : Fujifilm announce a new premium compact camera to its digital camera line up for Autumn 2011. The Fujifilm FinePix X10 is a highly advanced compact camera with specifications that follow in the footsteps of the sought after multi award-winning FinePix X100. The 12 megapixel Fujifilm FinePix X10 features a large 2/3" EXR CMOS sensor and a high-definition F2.0 wide-angle and F2.8 telephoto Fujinon lens (28-112mm) with 4x manual zoom, offering superb bright and clear pictures right up to the edge. Featuring a bright optical zoom viewfinder with a wide viewing angle, the Fujifilm X10 allows users to enjoy the pleasure of photography via a traditional viewfinder, providing all the benefits and ease of composition that this brings.|
Fujifilm FinePix X10 camera body
Thorough attention to detail is evident as soon as you take hold of the Fujifilm FinePix X10's stunning body. With its upper control deck and base manufactured from strong, yet lightweight, die-cast magnesium alloy, and mode dials and lens ring featuring their quality, aluminium milled, textured finish. The Fujifilm FinePix X100 offers intuitive operability via various dials and a shutter-release button is also apparent with the manual zoom lens doubling up as an on/off power switch, ensuring you can react quickly to potential photo shooting scenarios as they occur.
Fujifilm FinePix X10 camera lens
The Fujifilm FinePix X10 features a newly-developed high-definition Super EBC FUJINON lens which achieves superb image clarity over the whole of the image. The Fujifilm X10 camera lens consists of 11 glass lens elements in 9 groups, including 3 aspherical glass lens elements (6 sides) and 2 extra-low dispersion lens elements. The result is an ultra bright lens with a wide-angle maximum aperture of 2.0 and telephoto maximum aperture of 2.8.
Fujifilm FinePix X10 zoom lens
With the all-metal lens barrel of the Fujifilm FinePix X10 you are guaranteed a smooth zoom action which helps you compose your photos quickly and easily. In addition the camera's power switch has been deftly built into the manual barrel zoom to facilitate fast responses and to help you avoid missed photo opportunities. The Fujifilm FinePix X10 lens is designed by R&D of FUJINON who has a long-term experience to supply a majority of professional broadcasting lenses.
Fujifilm X10 image stabilization & macro photos
The Fujifilm FinePix X10 features a newly developed Optical Image Stabilisation mechanism. You can rest assured that any lens aberration is kept to an absolute minimum and image resolution is maximized making the most of the sensor performance and delivering high quality images. The lens of the Fujifilm FinePix X10 is capable of taking super-macro shots as close up as 1cm. This function can also be combined with 7-blade aperture to deliver a stunning soft-focus “bokeh” effect perfect for shooting portraits using the telephoto zoom.
Fujifilm FinePix X10 optical viewfinder
Fujifilm's engineers have used an arrangement of 3 aspherical lenses plus a special dach prism configuration to deliver a viewfinder with superior brightness and a superb field of view with its extra wide viewing angle, and all whilst still maintaining a compact camera size. This, combined with the Manual Barrel Zoom functionality, makes a real difference and brings a welcome old-style photographic feel to the Fujifilm FinePix X10.
12 megapixel Fujifilm X10 sensor
The Fujifilm FinePix X10 features a newly-developed large 2/3" 12 megapixel EXR CMOS sensor with approximately twice the sensor area, and approximately 2.5x the pixel area, compared to existing Fujifilm camera models. This bespoke EXR CMOS sensor combines Fujifilm's proprietary EXR technology (which can select the optimum shooting mode from the three options below SN / DR / HR), with CMOS technology to provide bright, sharp images in all shooting conditions.
• SN High Sensitivity and Low Noise mode - produces clear and sharp high-sensitivity images whilst keeping the noise levels low, and is an ideal choice for capturing night scenes or indoor situations with poor lighting.
• DR Wide Dynamic Range mode - delivers a much increased dynamic range (up to 1600%) delivering rich gradations and detail in both the shadows and highlights
• HR High Resolution mode - takes full advantage of the 12 megapixel resolution to reproduce the finest details in landscape and portrait scenes, perfect for use on bright clear days.
• Read more in-depth information about the Fujifilm X10 photo quality.
Fujifilm FinePix X10 auto focus
A 49-point matrix contrast AF provides high-speed and high-precision auto focusing thanks to the fast CMOS capabilities and the advanced EXR Processor's AF system integrated in the advanced Fujifilm FinePix X10 camera. With its super speedy shutter-release time lag of approx. 0.01 seconds, the Fujifilm FinePix X10 can capture even the most fleeting of photo opportunities. And it's also worth mentioning that it features best-in-class 1080p Full HD movie recording capabilities.
Fujifilm FinePix X10 features
• 4x optical zoom featuring Fujifilm's new Intelligent Digital 2x Telephoto zoom technology
• Diverse manual shooting modes that can be selected according to scene type
• Power start-up within approx. 0.8 seconds using on/off switch built into lens ring
• 360° Motion Panorama for seamless 360-degree panoramic shooting
• Manual pop-up flash with a range of 7 metres
• High-contrast and wide viewing-angle 2.8" 460K dot High contrast LCD monitor
• Electronic horizon leveling gauge to check the camera is being held on the level
• Histogram display to check image gradation
• 4 Auto bracketing functions for exposure, ISO sensitivity, dynamic range and film simulation
• RAW shooting and in-camera RAW processing
• SilkyPix RAW conversion software supplied in-box
Fujifilm FinePix X10 accessories
• Case (LC-X10) : To perfectly compliment the look and premium quality feel of the Fujifilm FinePix X10 camera body, a retro leather “quick shot” case (LC-X10) with matching strap has been designed which fits the Fujifilm X10 like a glove. Made out of luxurious leather it has been thought out with uncompromising attention to detail, ensuring the ultimate ease of use and practicality.
• Lens Hood (LH-X10) : Precision milled from metal, the lens hood with adapter ring will be available. The adapter ring is also compatible with commercially sold 52mm filters and lens caps.
• TTL Flash : EF-20 and EF-42 are compatible with the Fujifilm FinePix X10.
Fujifilm FinePix X10 review
As soon as we receive a Fujifilm FinePix X10 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Fujifilm FinePix X10 review.